NGS Energy puts Leaf River in operation
SMITH COUNTY and JASPER COUNTY — On April 1, Leaf River Energy Center, LLC (Leaf River), a wholly owned subsidiary of NGS Energy, L.P., started commercial operation.
Leaf River is a FERC-regulated facility located in Smith and Jasper counties, and has started allowing shippers to inject gas into its first cavern, which is permitted for eight billion cubic feet (BCF) of storage capacity.
An additional cavern will come on line in 2012 and the current FERC certificate allows for a total of four caverns with approximately 32 BCF of capacity and the capability to inject up to one billion cubic feet per day (BCF/d) and withdrawal up to 2.5 BCF/d.
Leaf River owns significant acreage to add additional caverns and could expand the capacity significantly.
Customers are also able to start utilizing other services available in Leaf River’s FERC Tariff such as firm and interruptible park and loans, no notice, balancing and wheeling services.
Source: NGS Energy, L.P.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015