NGS Energy puts Leaf River in operation
SMITH COUNTY and JASPER COUNTY — On April 1, Leaf River Energy Center, LLC (Leaf River), a wholly owned subsidiary of NGS Energy, L.P., started commercial operation.
Leaf River is a FERC-regulated facility located in Smith and Jasper counties, and has started allowing shippers to inject gas into its first cavern, which is permitted for eight billion cubic feet (BCF) of storage capacity.
An additional cavern will come on line in 2012 and the current FERC certificate allows for a total of four caverns with approximately 32 BCF of capacity and the capability to inject up to one billion cubic feet per day (BCF/d) and withdrawal up to 2.5 BCF/d.
Leaf River owns significant acreage to add additional caverns and could expand the capacity significantly.
Customers are also able to start utilizing other services available in Leaf River’s FERC Tariff such as firm and interruptible park and loans, no notice, balancing and wheeling services.
Source: NGS Energy, L.P.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)