NGS Energy puts Leaf River in operation
SMITH COUNTY and JASPER COUNTY — On April 1, Leaf River Energy Center, LLC (Leaf River), a wholly owned subsidiary of NGS Energy, L.P., started commercial operation.
Leaf River is a FERC-regulated facility located in Smith and Jasper counties, and has started allowing shippers to inject gas into its first cavern, which is permitted for eight billion cubic feet (BCF) of storage capacity.
An additional cavern will come on line in 2012 and the current FERC certificate allows for a total of four caverns with approximately 32 BCF of capacity and the capability to inject up to one billion cubic feet per day (BCF/d) and withdrawal up to 2.5 BCF/d.
Leaf River owns significant acreage to add additional caverns and could expand the capacity significantly.
Customers are also able to start utilizing other services available in Leaf River’s FERC Tariff such as firm and interruptible park and loans, no notice, balancing and wheeling services.
Source: NGS Energy, L.P.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity