NGS Energy puts Leaf River in operation
SMITH COUNTY and JASPER COUNTY — On April 1, Leaf River Energy Center, LLC (Leaf River), a wholly owned subsidiary of NGS Energy, L.P., started commercial operation.
Leaf River is a FERC-regulated facility located in Smith and Jasper counties, and has started allowing shippers to inject gas into its first cavern, which is permitted for eight billion cubic feet (BCF) of storage capacity.
An additional cavern will come on line in 2012 and the current FERC certificate allows for a total of four caverns with approximately 32 BCF of capacity and the capability to inject up to one billion cubic feet per day (BCF/d) and withdrawal up to 2.5 BCF/d.
Leaf River owns significant acreage to add additional caverns and could expand the capacity significantly.
Customers are also able to start utilizing other services available in Leaf River’s FERC Tariff such as firm and interruptible park and loans, no notice, balancing and wheeling services.
Source: NGS Energy, L.P.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation