NGS Energy puts Leaf River in operation
SMITH COUNTY and JASPER COUNTY — On April 1, Leaf River Energy Center, LLC (Leaf River), a wholly owned subsidiary of NGS Energy, L.P., started commercial operation.
Leaf River is a FERC-regulated facility located in Smith and Jasper counties, and has started allowing shippers to inject gas into its first cavern, which is permitted for eight billion cubic feet (BCF) of storage capacity.
An additional cavern will come on line in 2012 and the current FERC certificate allows for a total of four caverns with approximately 32 BCF of capacity and the capability to inject up to one billion cubic feet per day (BCF/d) and withdrawal up to 2.5 BCF/d.
Leaf River owns significant acreage to add additional caverns and could expand the capacity significantly.
Customers are also able to start utilizing other services available in Leaf River’s FERC Tariff such as firm and interruptible park and loans, no notice, balancing and wheeling services.
Source: NGS Energy, L.P.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody