TVA releases 20-year Natural Resource Plan
by For the MBJ
Published: April 5,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority has drafted a Natural Resource Plan designed to help prioritize its stewardship efforts in categories as diverse as recreation facilities, water quality protection, wildlife and plant management and historical and cultural site preservation.
The draft Natural Resource Plan and an accompanying draft Environmental Impact Statement are available for public review and comment through May 16. The documents can be viewed online at www.tva.com/nrp.
The plan will help guide TVA management and public land use over the next 20 years of about 293,000 acres of federally owned lands and 11,000 miles of shoreline across 46 reservoirs in seven states within TVA’s service territory.
Source: Tennessee Valley Authority
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring