TVA releases 20-year Natural Resource Plan
by For the MBJ
Published: April 5,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority has drafted a Natural Resource Plan designed to help prioritize its stewardship efforts in categories as diverse as recreation facilities, water quality protection, wildlife and plant management and historical and cultural site preservation.
The draft Natural Resource Plan and an accompanying draft Environmental Impact Statement are available for public review and comment through May 16. The documents can be viewed online at www.tva.com/nrp.
The plan will help guide TVA management and public land use over the next 20 years of about 293,000 acres of federally owned lands and 11,000 miles of shoreline across 46 reservoirs in seven states within TVA’s service territory.
Source: Tennessee Valley Authority
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary