TVA releases 20-year Natural Resource Plan
by For the MBJ
Published: April 5,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority has drafted a Natural Resource Plan designed to help prioritize its stewardship efforts in categories as diverse as recreation facilities, water quality protection, wildlife and plant management and historical and cultural site preservation.
The draft Natural Resource Plan and an accompanying draft Environmental Impact Statement are available for public review and comment through May 16. The documents can be viewed online at www.tva.com/nrp.
The plan will help guide TVA management and public land use over the next 20 years of about 293,000 acres of federally owned lands and 11,000 miles of shoreline across 46 reservoirs in seven states within TVA’s service territory.
Source: Tennessee Valley Authority
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015