TVA releases 20-year Natural Resource Plan
by For the MBJ
Published: April 5,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority has drafted a Natural Resource Plan designed to help prioritize its stewardship efforts in categories as diverse as recreation facilities, water quality protection, wildlife and plant management and historical and cultural site preservation.
The draft Natural Resource Plan and an accompanying draft Environmental Impact Statement are available for public review and comment through May 16. The documents can be viewed online at www.tva.com/nrp.
The plan will help guide TVA management and public land use over the next 20 years of about 293,000 acres of federally owned lands and 11,000 miles of shoreline across 46 reservoirs in seven states within TVA’s service territory.
Source: Tennessee Valley Authority
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”