Pasha Hawaii finalizes ship’s design specifications
PASCAGOULA — Honolulu-based Pasha Hawaii has finalized design specifications for its second ship, currently under construction with VT Halter Marine, Pascagoula.
The ship will be a combination container and roll-on/roll-off car truck carrier (ConRo) based on a proven design by the Uljanik Shipyard, Croatia. The ship will sail under the name Marjorie C in honor of CEO and president George Pasha IV’s maternal grandmother. Marjorie Catherine Ryan.
The Marjorie C will hail from the Port of Honolulu. She is expected to enter service in the fall of 2013.
“Over the past several months we have worked closely with our technical services team at Sea Technology, who has collaborated with Uljanik Shipyard in Croatia, the licensee of our vessel design, and VT Halter Marine, our Mississippi-based shipyard, to maximize the potential of the new vessel in every respect. Our Hawaii advisory board and business partners have weighed in, as well, to ensure our design and deployment strategy will provide maximum benefit to our clients as well as the people of Hawaii,” said George Pasha IV, President and CEO.
The Marjorie C will allow Pasha to handle the needs of the mainland-to-Hawaii trade lane efficiently. Not only will the vessel take advantage of the very latest technologies to reduce environmental impact, the ability to call the neighbor islands directly will eliminate the need to transship containerized cargo between Honolulu and the neighbor islands.
The Marjorie C will be 692 feet long, with the ability to carry 1,500 TEU’s above and under deck, as well as vehicles and over high and wide cargo on 10 workable decks. The vessel’s shipping capacity for vehicles is 2,750 units. The stern quarter ramp will be 39.4’ wide and 20.7’ high, and rated at up to 250 metric tons.
Source: Pasha Hawaii
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Pasha Hawaii finalizes ship’s design specifications”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet