PSC fines telemarketers for ‘No-Call’ violations
JACKSON — Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley (D-Nettleton) announced that the Mississippi Public Service Commission has fined Full Speed Funding, LLC, of Phoenix, Ariz., and Gateway Destinations Inc. of Pompano Beach, Fla., $15,000 each for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Presley said the companies violated the law by failing to register and purchase the state’s “No-Call” list and for contacting consumers that had registered on the list.
Company representatives failed to respond to the Commission’s complaint, Presley said.
Source: Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location