PSC fines telemarketers for ‘No-Call’ violations
JACKSON — Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley (D-Nettleton) announced that the Mississippi Public Service Commission has fined Full Speed Funding, LLC, of Phoenix, Ariz., and Gateway Destinations Inc. of Pompano Beach, Fla., $15,000 each for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Presley said the companies violated the law by failing to register and purchase the state’s “No-Call” list and for contacting consumers that had registered on the list.
Company representatives failed to respond to the Commission’s complaint, Presley said.
Source: Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015