PSC fines telemarketers for ‘No-Call’ violations
JACKSON — Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley (D-Nettleton) announced that the Mississippi Public Service Commission has fined Full Speed Funding, LLC, of Phoenix, Ariz., and Gateway Destinations Inc. of Pompano Beach, Fla., $15,000 each for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Presley said the companies violated the law by failing to register and purchase the state’s “No-Call” list and for contacting consumers that had registered on the list.
Company representatives failed to respond to the Commission’s complaint, Presley said.
Source: Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending