Missouri city to implement SmartSynch technology
JACKSON — SmartSynch Inc. has been selected to provide City Utilities of Springfield, Mo., (CU) with a complete smart metering solution for participating commercial and industrial customers on its system. Terms were not disclosed.
The solution will include smart meters as well as a communications platform and head-end system. Later this spring, CU will begin deploying SmartSync’’s IP-enabled C&I SmartMeters utilizing existing cellular networks as the wireless communications backbone.
SmartSynch’s smart metering system will enable CU to automate processes for its participating commercial and industrial customers’ electric meters. SmartSynch’s technology will also help CU better address customer service requests and power outages in a safe and timely manner, while reducing meter reading, work order costs and overall carbon footprint resulting from decreased truck rolls.
Source: SmartSynch Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability