Missouri city to implement SmartSynch technology
JACKSON — SmartSynch Inc. has been selected to provide City Utilities of Springfield, Mo., (CU) with a complete smart metering solution for participating commercial and industrial customers on its system. Terms were not disclosed.
The solution will include smart meters as well as a communications platform and head-end system. Later this spring, CU will begin deploying SmartSync’’s IP-enabled C&I SmartMeters utilizing existing cellular networks as the wireless communications backbone.
SmartSynch’s smart metering system will enable CU to automate processes for its participating commercial and industrial customers’ electric meters. SmartSynch’s technology will also help CU better address customer service requests and power outages in a safe and timely manner, while reducing meter reading, work order costs and overall carbon footprint resulting from decreased truck rolls.
Source: SmartSynch Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19