Neel-Schaffer recognized for Mississippi River bridge project
by For the MBJ
Published: April 8,2011
JACKSON — Recently, the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) held its annual awards dinner at the Old Capital Inn to honor its 2011 winners.
This year’s first place Grand Conceptor Award went to HNTB for its work on the new U.S. 82 Mississippi River Bridge in Washington County. Neel-Schaffer served as the only primary sub-consultant for HNTB, designing approximately two miles of bridge approaches and all of the roadway tie-ins for the project.
Neel-Schaffer and Mendrop-Wages tied for second and won the Grand Award. Neel-Schaffer won for its conception and design of the McComb Water Treatment Facility. Mendrop-Wages won for its Rapid Repair of Levee Breach Test Model, a project on which Neel-Schaffer also served as sub-consultant.
Of the five Honor Award recipients, Neel-Schaffer subbed on one project with Compton Engineering, renovating and restoring Beach Boulevard in Bay St. Louis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation