Neel-Schaffer recognized for Mississippi River bridge project
by For the MBJ
Published: April 8,2011
JACKSON — Recently, the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) held its annual awards dinner at the Old Capital Inn to honor its 2011 winners.
This year’s first place Grand Conceptor Award went to HNTB for its work on the new U.S. 82 Mississippi River Bridge in Washington County. Neel-Schaffer served as the only primary sub-consultant for HNTB, designing approximately two miles of bridge approaches and all of the roadway tie-ins for the project.
Neel-Schaffer and Mendrop-Wages tied for second and won the Grand Award. Neel-Schaffer won for its conception and design of the McComb Water Treatment Facility. Mendrop-Wages won for its Rapid Repair of Levee Breach Test Model, a project on which Neel-Schaffer also served as sub-consultant.
Of the five Honor Award recipients, Neel-Schaffer subbed on one project with Compton Engineering, renovating and restoring Beach Boulevard in Bay St. Louis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release