Neel-Schaffer recognized for Mississippi River bridge project
by For the MBJ
Published: April 8,2011
JACKSON — Recently, the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) held its annual awards dinner at the Old Capital Inn to honor its 2011 winners.
This year’s first place Grand Conceptor Award went to HNTB for its work on the new U.S. 82 Mississippi River Bridge in Washington County. Neel-Schaffer served as the only primary sub-consultant for HNTB, designing approximately two miles of bridge approaches and all of the roadway tie-ins for the project.
Neel-Schaffer and Mendrop-Wages tied for second and won the Grand Award. Neel-Schaffer won for its conception and design of the McComb Water Treatment Facility. Mendrop-Wages won for its Rapid Repair of Levee Breach Test Model, a project on which Neel-Schaffer also served as sub-consultant.
Of the five Honor Award recipients, Neel-Schaffer subbed on one project with Compton Engineering, renovating and restoring Beach Boulevard in Bay St. Louis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip