Neel-Schaffer recognized for Mississippi River bridge project
by For the MBJ
Published: April 8,2011
JACKSON — Recently, the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) held its annual awards dinner at the Old Capital Inn to honor its 2011 winners.
This year’s first place Grand Conceptor Award went to HNTB for its work on the new U.S. 82 Mississippi River Bridge in Washington County. Neel-Schaffer served as the only primary sub-consultant for HNTB, designing approximately two miles of bridge approaches and all of the roadway tie-ins for the project.
Neel-Schaffer and Mendrop-Wages tied for second and won the Grand Award. Neel-Schaffer won for its conception and design of the McComb Water Treatment Facility. Mendrop-Wages won for its Rapid Repair of Levee Breach Test Model, a project on which Neel-Schaffer also served as sub-consultant.
Of the five Honor Award recipients, Neel-Schaffer subbed on one project with Compton Engineering, renovating and restoring Beach Boulevard in Bay St. Louis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson