Farmer named year’s best
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 10,2011
Dr. Lance Nail, dean of the College of Business at The University of Southern Mississippi, recently announced Richard T. Farmer, chairman emeritus at Cintas, has been selected as the 2011 Boardman Entrepreneur of the Year.
Farmer guided Cintas, which began as his grandfather’s rag-cleaning business during the Great Depression, to a diversified business-services company with revenues that exceeded $3.5 billion in 2010. Among the 30,000-plus Cintas partners are numerous Southern Miss graduates.
Farmer’s commitment to higher education is reflected in the $30-million contribution he made to his alma mater, Miami University of Ohio, and the business school that bears his name. Nail credits the Farmer School of Business for providing the blueprint to success the Southern Miss program has enjoyed and hopes to maintain.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey