Farmer named year’s best
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 10,2011
Dr. Lance Nail, dean of the College of Business at The University of Southern Mississippi, recently announced Richard T. Farmer, chairman emeritus at Cintas, has been selected as the 2011 Boardman Entrepreneur of the Year.
Farmer guided Cintas, which began as his grandfather’s rag-cleaning business during the Great Depression, to a diversified business-services company with revenues that exceeded $3.5 billion in 2010. Among the 30,000-plus Cintas partners are numerous Southern Miss graduates.
Farmer’s commitment to higher education is reflected in the $30-million contribution he made to his alma mater, Miami University of Ohio, and the business school that bears his name. Nail credits the Farmer School of Business for providing the blueprint to success the Southern Miss program has enjoyed and hopes to maintain.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal