Farmer named year’s best
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 10,2011
Dr. Lance Nail, dean of the College of Business at The University of Southern Mississippi, recently announced Richard T. Farmer, chairman emeritus at Cintas, has been selected as the 2011 Boardman Entrepreneur of the Year.
Farmer guided Cintas, which began as his grandfather’s rag-cleaning business during the Great Depression, to a diversified business-services company with revenues that exceeded $3.5 billion in 2010. Among the 30,000-plus Cintas partners are numerous Southern Miss graduates.
Farmer’s commitment to higher education is reflected in the $30-million contribution he made to his alma mater, Miami University of Ohio, and the business school that bears his name. Nail credits the Farmer School of Business for providing the blueprint to success the Southern Miss program has enjoyed and hopes to maintain.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'