Mainland finalizes cost estimate for drilling well
JEFFERSON COUNTY — Mainland Resources Inc. has finalized the authorization for expenditure cost estimate, or AFE, for the completion program for the Burkley-Phillips #1 well drilled in Jefferson County.
The forecasted costs for the completion program are approximately $8 million to be shared on a 90/10 percent basis between Mainland and joint venture partner, Guggenheim Energy Opportunities, LLC. The completion will allow the Houston, Texas-based Mainland to flow test the well and further determine its resource potential.
Mainland is in the process of obtaining and evaluating bids from several industry leading companies to execute the frac stimulation and will select a provider from bids received. Additionally, Mainland is selecting other service providers for the completion program along with ordering longer lead equipment as previously announced.
Mainland expects to commence completion operations during the third quarter of 2011 and anticipates a timeline of approximately three to five weeks.
Mainland and its working interest partners control in excess of 17,800 net acres or 28 sections on the Buena Vista prospect area where the Burkley-Phillips #1 well was drilled to 22,000 feet, cored and logged. Upon successful completion of its proposed merger with American Exploration, Mainland would own 92 percent of the 28 sections in the Buena Vista prospect. As recently announced, core analysis has determined that gas in place in the Buena Vista prospect could be up to 500 billion cubic feet/section based on the cored interval.
Source: Mainland Resources Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability