Mainland finalizes cost estimate for drilling well
JEFFERSON COUNTY — Mainland Resources Inc. has finalized the authorization for expenditure cost estimate, or AFE, for the completion program for the Burkley-Phillips #1 well drilled in Jefferson County.
The forecasted costs for the completion program are approximately $8 million to be shared on a 90/10 percent basis between Mainland and joint venture partner, Guggenheim Energy Opportunities, LLC. The completion will allow the Houston, Texas-based Mainland to flow test the well and further determine its resource potential.
Mainland is in the process of obtaining and evaluating bids from several industry leading companies to execute the frac stimulation and will select a provider from bids received. Additionally, Mainland is selecting other service providers for the completion program along with ordering longer lead equipment as previously announced.
Mainland expects to commence completion operations during the third quarter of 2011 and anticipates a timeline of approximately three to five weeks.
Mainland and its working interest partners control in excess of 17,800 net acres or 28 sections on the Buena Vista prospect area where the Burkley-Phillips #1 well was drilled to 22,000 feet, cored and logged. Upon successful completion of its proposed merger with American Exploration, Mainland would own 92 percent of the 28 sections in the Buena Vista prospect. As recently announced, core analysis has determined that gas in place in the Buena Vista prospect could be up to 500 billion cubic feet/section based on the cored interval.
Source: Mainland Resources Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win