Spencer promoted to HR director
Judith A. “Judy” Spencer, the Mississippi State University’s associate director of human resources since 2004, has been promoted to director of HR, pending formal approval by the Board of Trustees, State Institutions of Higher Learning. Holding the formal designation as a certified senior professional in human resources, she has served as interim director since July.
Before coming to MSU, Spencer had a 21-year career with Caterpillar Inc. and 13 years at the W.R. Grace and Co.’s Southbridge Plastics Division.
On campus, she will continue to manage the areas of domestic and international employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, learning and development, and data services, as well other university-wide human resources management support.
In addition to the SPHR rank, she is certified as Training for Intervention Procedures trainer, Targeted Selection Interviewer, Peer Grievance Review Administrator and Six Sigma Green Belt.
Among her professional affiliations are the Society for Human Resource Management, National College and University Professional Association and National Association of International Educators.
Spencer holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Faulkner University in Montgomery, Ala., and a master’s of business administration from the University of North Alabama at Florence.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love