Spencer promoted to HR director
Judith A. “Judy” Spencer, the Mississippi State University’s associate director of human resources since 2004, has been promoted to director of HR, pending formal approval by the Board of Trustees, State Institutions of Higher Learning. Holding the formal designation as a certified senior professional in human resources, she has served as interim director since July.
Before coming to MSU, Spencer had a 21-year career with Caterpillar Inc. and 13 years at the W.R. Grace and Co.’s Southbridge Plastics Division.
On campus, she will continue to manage the areas of domestic and international employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, learning and development, and data services, as well other university-wide human resources management support.
In addition to the SPHR rank, she is certified as Training for Intervention Procedures trainer, Targeted Selection Interviewer, Peer Grievance Review Administrator and Six Sigma Green Belt.
Among her professional affiliations are the Society for Human Resource Management, National College and University Professional Association and National Association of International Educators.
Spencer holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Faulkner University in Montgomery, Ala., and a master’s of business administration from the University of North Alabama at Florence.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan