Spencer promoted to HR director
Judith A. “Judy” Spencer, the Mississippi State University’s associate director of human resources since 2004, has been promoted to director of HR, pending formal approval by the Board of Trustees, State Institutions of Higher Learning. Holding the formal designation as a certified senior professional in human resources, she has served as interim director since July.
Before coming to MSU, Spencer had a 21-year career with Caterpillar Inc. and 13 years at the W.R. Grace and Co.’s Southbridge Plastics Division.
On campus, she will continue to manage the areas of domestic and international employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, learning and development, and data services, as well other university-wide human resources management support.
In addition to the SPHR rank, she is certified as Training for Intervention Procedures trainer, Targeted Selection Interviewer, Peer Grievance Review Administrator and Six Sigma Green Belt.
Among her professional affiliations are the Society for Human Resource Management, National College and University Professional Association and National Association of International Educators.
Spencer holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Faulkner University in Montgomery, Ala., and a master’s of business administration from the University of North Alabama at Florence.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner