Willis earns multiple honors
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 10,2011
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) would like to recognize Sharen Carnell Willis, SR/WA, in District Seven for her academic excellence and professional achievement. Recently, the Natchez native accepted her invitation into the Golden Key International Honour Society at the new member recognition event at Ashford University.
Willis was also named International Right of Way Association’s (IRWA’s) Region Six “Professional of the Year” for 2009-2010, being chosen for her leadership skills, dedicated service to the organization, professionalism and having obtained the senior member designation of IRWA. The senior member, International Right of Way Association, is the most prestigious professional designation granted to IRWA members who have achieved professional status through experience, education and examination in several right of way disciplines. She has also served in various officer positions at the chapter and regional levels, and participated on several IRWA committees at the local, regional and international levels.
Willis earned a bachelor’s of arts degree in organizational management in Sept. 2009 from Ashford University while maintaining a 3.97 GPA. She then began pursuing a double MBA in project management and environmental management and has continued to maintain a 4.0 GPA. She is expecting to graduate in June.
She has been an employee at MDOT since 1997, and has been the right of way coordinator for District Seven in McComb since June 2001.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip