State SBA office reports yet another lending record
by For the MBJ
Published: April 13,2011
JACKSON — Although only half through its fiscal year, the Mississippi U. S. Small Business Administration has already set a new lending record.
On March 31, 460 loans were approved totaling $198,448,900.
“That’s far more than the $123,422,551 small businesses received from Oct. 1, 2009 to March 31, 2010,” said Janita R. Stewart, SBA’s Mississippi District director. “It also eclipses the $193,274,951 record dollar volume of loans set for the entire 2010 fiscal year.”
SBA’s 2011 fiscal year ends Sept. 30.
Increased activity is due in part to lenders and borrowers taking advantage of the higher government guarantees and reduced fees made available through the Recovery Act and Small Business Jobs Act, which expired Dec. 31. In addition, SBA’s 7(a) and 504 loan program limits were permanently increased from $2 million to $5 million for 7(a) and up to $5.5 million for manufacturers and certain energy-related projects for 504.
Source: U.S. Small Business Administration
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State SBA office reports yet another lending record”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- 50 Leading Business Women in Mississippi (digital magazine)
- Ex-circuit clerk Palmertree gets 10 years for embezzlement