State SBA office reports yet another lending record
by For the MBJ
Published: April 13,2011
JACKSON — Although only half through its fiscal year, the Mississippi U. S. Small Business Administration has already set a new lending record.
On March 31, 460 loans were approved totaling $198,448,900.
“That’s far more than the $123,422,551 small businesses received from Oct. 1, 2009 to March 31, 2010,” said Janita R. Stewart, SBA’s Mississippi District director. “It also eclipses the $193,274,951 record dollar volume of loans set for the entire 2010 fiscal year.”
SBA’s 2011 fiscal year ends Sept. 30.
Increased activity is due in part to lenders and borrowers taking advantage of the higher government guarantees and reduced fees made available through the Recovery Act and Small Business Jobs Act, which expired Dec. 31. In addition, SBA’s 7(a) and 504 loan program limits were permanently increased from $2 million to $5 million for 7(a) and up to $5.5 million for manufacturers and certain energy-related projects for 504.
Source: U.S. Small Business Administration
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State SBA office reports yet another lending record”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today