USM adds new graduate economic development program
HATTIESBURG — The University of Southern Mississippi Department of Economic and Workforce Development has launched a new graduate certificate in economic development that teaches the basics of the practice of economic development.
The 12-hour certificate is designed for economic development professionals seeking career-advancing training or students in related graduate programs desiring a specialty in economic development practice. It requires executive format, hybrid in-person/on-line courses in business attraction, entrepreneurship facilitation, plus business retention and expansion as well as an elective economic development course.
“There are many different career opportunities in economic development, which is the management of public-private investment collaborations to facilitate sustainable growth in the economy as typically measured by job creation, increased citizen wealth, a greater tax base and improved quality of life,” said Dr. Chad Miller, graduate coordinator of the program.
In addition to being able to transfer the credits toward the university’s masters of science in economic development degree, the certificate courses can be applied to other graduate programs.
Source: University of Southern Mississippi
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “USM adds new graduate economic development program”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove