USM adds new graduate economic development program
HATTIESBURG — The University of Southern Mississippi Department of Economic and Workforce Development has launched a new graduate certificate in economic development that teaches the basics of the practice of economic development.
The 12-hour certificate is designed for economic development professionals seeking career-advancing training or students in related graduate programs desiring a specialty in economic development practice. It requires executive format, hybrid in-person/on-line courses in business attraction, entrepreneurship facilitation, plus business retention and expansion as well as an elective economic development course.
“There are many different career opportunities in economic development, which is the management of public-private investment collaborations to facilitate sustainable growth in the economy as typically measured by job creation, increased citizen wealth, a greater tax base and improved quality of life,” said Dr. Chad Miller, graduate coordinator of the program.
In addition to being able to transfer the credits toward the university’s masters of science in economic development degree, the certificate courses can be applied to other graduate programs.
Source: University of Southern Mississippi
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “USM adds new graduate economic development program”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job