USM adds new graduate economic development program
HATTIESBURG — The University of Southern Mississippi Department of Economic and Workforce Development has launched a new graduate certificate in economic development that teaches the basics of the practice of economic development.
The 12-hour certificate is designed for economic development professionals seeking career-advancing training or students in related graduate programs desiring a specialty in economic development practice. It requires executive format, hybrid in-person/on-line courses in business attraction, entrepreneurship facilitation, plus business retention and expansion as well as an elective economic development course.
“There are many different career opportunities in economic development, which is the management of public-private investment collaborations to facilitate sustainable growth in the economy as typically measured by job creation, increased citizen wealth, a greater tax base and improved quality of life,” said Dr. Chad Miller, graduate coordinator of the program.
In addition to being able to transfer the credits toward the university’s masters of science in economic development degree, the certificate courses can be applied to other graduate programs.
Source: University of Southern Mississippi
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “USM adds new graduate economic development program”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force