Bounds gives new timeline for MUW president search
COLUMBUS — Commissioner of Higher Education Dr. Hank M. Bounds has released the updated timeline for the presidential search for the Mississippi University for Women.
“The Board of Trustees is currently calling for nominations for members of the Campus Search Advisory Committee,” said Bounds. “Representatives from all stakeholder groups, including students, alumni, faculty, staff and the community are needed on the committee.”
The deadline for recommendations for members of the Campus Search Advisory Committee is June 3. Nominations may be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing a letter of recommendation to ATTN: MUW Campus Search Advisory Committee, Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning, 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS 39211.
The candidates for president will be interviewed during the fall, with campus visits by the preferred candidate to follow. The search is expected to conclude with the naming of the president by the end of the year.
Source: State Institutions of Higher Learning
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist