Entergy Mississippi touts DOE rate report
JACKSON — A recently completed analysis of 2010 electricity prices for 160 operating companies shows that Entergy Mississippi Inc.’s residential electric rate for 2010 was the lowest in the South and was 28 percent below the U.S. average, the utility reports. That is according to rate information from the U.S. Energy Information Administration, an arm of the Department of Energy.
According to Entergy Mississippi, its lowest residential electric rate for 2010 was $83.68 for 1,000 kWh of electricity. The U.S. average in 2010 was $115.64 for the same amount. The average residential customer uses 1,000 kWh of electricity each month. Because electric rates can vary during the year, the report compares a company’s lowest rate during that time span.
In addition, average rates for customers of Entergy Mississippi have declined considerably since 2008 when the natural gas market peaked.
“That’s good news for our customers. Even better news is that this trend has continued in 2011 as natural gas prices remain low,” said Haley Fisackerly, president and CEO of Entergy Mississippi. “Fuel makes up more than half of a customer’s electric bill, so we constantly monitor fuel prices and take advantage of contracts that let us purchase less-expensive power.”
Source: Entergy Mississippi Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three