Crump probably has never been to Mississippi
by For the MBJ
Published: April 17,2011
RE: “Idaho writer needs a Missisippi education” (Ross ReilyColumn, April 11) …
Having traveled out west several times on trips that included Idaho, I did not see one thing that would lead me to say anything derogatory about the State of Idaho or the people who live there. In fact, except for the mountains, the scenery would make many Mississippians feel like they were at home.
My dad used to say “if you’re not making waves, your boat’s not movin’.” At least the rest of the country knows about Mississippi. What have we ever heard that Idaho did? Nothing, they hibernate too much — don’t get out at all!
I’ll be willing to bet that Mr. Crump has never traveled to our fair state and his comments were mere “regurgitations” of what he had heard someone else say. Or formed those comments based on unfair media statements.
We should offer to bring Mr. Crump to visit us. We’ve got some guys here in Lawrence County that could help him snare a big gator one night! By the time he got through eating some catfish & hush puppies, I think he would change his tune.
Wait, on second thought — do we really want to mess up what we have with the likes of him?
President/CEO, Lawrence County CDA
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects