Crump probably has never been to Mississippi
by For the MBJ
Published: April 17,2011
RE: “Idaho writer needs a Missisippi education” (Ross ReilyColumn, April 11) …
Having traveled out west several times on trips that included Idaho, I did not see one thing that would lead me to say anything derogatory about the State of Idaho or the people who live there. In fact, except for the mountains, the scenery would make many Mississippians feel like they were at home.
My dad used to say “if you’re not making waves, your boat’s not movin’.” At least the rest of the country knows about Mississippi. What have we ever heard that Idaho did? Nothing, they hibernate too much — don’t get out at all!
I’ll be willing to bet that Mr. Crump has never traveled to our fair state and his comments were mere “regurgitations” of what he had heard someone else say. Or formed those comments based on unfair media statements.
We should offer to bring Mr. Crump to visit us. We’ve got some guys here in Lawrence County that could help him snare a big gator one night! By the time he got through eating some catfish & hush puppies, I think he would change his tune.
Wait, on second thought — do we really want to mess up what we have with the likes of him?
President/CEO, Lawrence County CDA
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access