Cub Cadet recalls riding lawnmowers due to fire hazard
by For the MBJ
Published: April 17,2011
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, a fuel leak can occur near the rear mounting screws on the bottom of the fuel tank, posing a fire hazard. No injuries have been reported so far.
The recalled 2011 Cub Cadet zero-turn riding lawnmowers, intended for both commercial and private use, have yellow and black steel frames.
Model number, serial number and date of manufacturer are printed on a label located under the front of the driver’s seat. The serial number range and date of manufacture (DOM) of affected mowers are 1A101ZXXXXX (DOM 01/2011) through 1C091ZXXXXX (DOM 03/2011). Date of manufacture appears on the label.
The mowers were sold by Cub Cadet dealers nationwide from February 2011 through March 2011.
The CPSC said consumers should immediately stop using the mowers and store them outside. Consumers should contact their local Cub Cadet dealer to schedule an appointment for a free repair.
For more information, contact Cub Cadet toll-free at (888) 848-6038, or visit the firm’s website at www.cubcadet.com.
Source: Consumer Product Safety Commission
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62