Cub Cadet recalls riding lawnmowers due to fire hazard
by For the MBJ
Published: April 17,2011
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, a fuel leak can occur near the rear mounting screws on the bottom of the fuel tank, posing a fire hazard. No injuries have been reported so far.
The recalled 2011 Cub Cadet zero-turn riding lawnmowers, intended for both commercial and private use, have yellow and black steel frames.
Model number, serial number and date of manufacturer are printed on a label located under the front of the driver’s seat. The serial number range and date of manufacture (DOM) of affected mowers are 1A101ZXXXXX (DOM 01/2011) through 1C091ZXXXXX (DOM 03/2011). Date of manufacture appears on the label.
The mowers were sold by Cub Cadet dealers nationwide from February 2011 through March 2011.
The CPSC said consumers should immediately stop using the mowers and store them outside. Consumers should contact their local Cub Cadet dealer to schedule an appointment for a free repair.
For more information, contact Cub Cadet toll-free at (888) 848-6038, or visit the firm’s website at www.cubcadet.com.
Source: Consumer Product Safety Commission
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'