Final work on I-110 drawbridge to get underway
by For the MBJ
Published: April 17,2011
HARRISON COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) will soon begin the final phase of the rehabilitation project to repair the Walter L. Nixon Sr. Interstate 110 drawbridge. Work on the $4.1-million project, which was awarded to Boh Brothers Construction Company, LLC., began earlier this year.
Beginning April 18, traffic will be limited to one lane in each direction as crews place traffic control devices on this fourth and final phase of construction. There will be one lane open in both directions for about three days. Once all devices are in place, phase four will begin, and all four lanes of I-110 will be open.
Crews have completed the replacement of the steel grid deck and construction crews are preparing to replace the median barrier that separates the north and southbound lanes.
No wide loads will be permitted on the I-110 Bridge throughout the project, which is scheduled for completion in June 2011.
The navigation channel will not be closed to marine traffic. Passage will be allowed to all boats not requiring a drawbridge opening. However, any vessel that does require an opening will have to call (877) 486-8044 at least 72 hours in advance to request a Monday or Thursday 6:00 a.m. drawbridge opening.
Source: Mississippi Department of Transportation
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal