UM pharmacy alum recognized
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 17,2011
Three University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy alumni were honored for their outstanding careers and contributions during Pharmacy Alumni Weekend March 25-26. Phil Ayers of Ridgeland and David Hudson of Kosciusko each received a 2011 Distinguished Alumnus Award, and Bob Broadus of Madisonville, La., received the Dean’s Service Award.
A clinical pharmacy specialist, Ayers is chief of clinical pharmacy services with Baptist Health Systems in Jackson and a clinical associate professor at the pharmacy school. He is a 1984 UM graduate and board-certified in nutrition support pharmacy. Ayers was the recipient of the school’s Clinical Sciences Teacher of the Year Award in 2007 and 2008, the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition’s Excellence in Nutrition Support Education Award in 2011 and the Mississippi Society for Health-System Pharmacists’ Pharmacist of the Year in 2002 and 2009. Ayers chairs the deacons and leads a Bible study class at Pinelake Church in Ridgeland.
Hudson is a 1993 UM graduate who owns Sullivan’s Discount Drugs in Kosciusko and co-owns Howell and Heggie Drug Co. in Durant. He is a member of the Mississippi Pharmacists Association, National Community Pharmacists Association, Mississippi Independent Pharmacies Association and a member of the Mississippi State Board of Pharmacy. Hudson also is active in the Kosciusko community, where he is a deacon at First Baptist Church and former president of the Kosciusko Exchange Club.
A 1974 UM graduate, Broadus is director of state government affairs with Allergan. He has served as president of the Mississippi Pharmacists Association and the pharmacy school’s Dean’s Advisory Committee. While in school, he was president of the Student American Pharmaceutical Association. Broadus joined Allergen in 2004 after a 20-year career with Pharmacia & Upjohn. Since then, he has received the Government Affairs Director of the Year Award, Managed Markets Grace Under Fire Award, Managed Market Director’s Award and Allergan Peer Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics