USM faculty, staff honored
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 17,2011
Tags: Dr. Deanne Nuwer, Dr. Elaine White, Dr. Gaylynn Parker, Dr. Shirley Bowles, Human Performance and Recreation, John Brown, Michael Carroll, University of Southern Mississippi, Young Professional Award
Michael Carroll, assistant professor in the department of Human Performance and Recreation at the University of Southern Mississippi, received the Young Professional Award from the Sport and Recreation Law Association (SRLA) during its annual conference in Savannah, Ga.
The award recognizes a young professional who demonstrates commitment to the study and instruction of the legal aspects of sport and recreation, service to the field and SRLA, as well as the potential for future growth and excellence in those same areas.
Carroll’s interest in sport law was piqued several years ago while working on his master’s degree at the University of Florida. Since that time he has become immersed in the subject matter and hopes to one day earn his law degree.
In a separate item, the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Park campus celebrated the university’s Centennial Year Founders’ Day with a reception honoring employees with a commemorative pin for their continuous service of 10 and 20 years.
Honored employees include: Dr. Gaylynn Parker, assistant professor of educational leadership and school counseling (10 years); Dr. Elaine White, associate professor of English and director of the Live Oak Writing Project, (10 years); Dr. Deanne Nuwer, associate professor of history and director of the Katrina Research Center, (10 years); Dr. Shirley Bowles, associate professor of curriculum, instruction and special education, (20 years); and, John Brown, CPA and instructor of accounting, (10 years).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters