Barbour recovering from surgery, prognosis ‘excellent’
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour is recovering from back surgery, and says he will be back full time before the week is out.
Yesterday, Barbour had minimally invasive, out-patient surgery on his low back. The surgery was scheduled to address a minor back issue commonly encountered in active individuals and former athletes.
“The procedure was a success and the prognosis is excellent. The surgery relieved the pressure on the nerves in the Governor’s low back that caused the discomfort,” said Dr. Jack Moriarity, the neurosurgeon at NewSouth NeuroSpine who performed the procedure.
The surgery was performed at River Oaks Hospital, and the governor returned home around noon yesterday, a few hours after surgery.
“I received immediate relief, and I expect to be back to work full time this week,” said Barbour.
Source: Gov. Haley Barbour
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags