Barbour recovering from surgery, prognosis ‘excellent’
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour is recovering from back surgery, and says he will be back full time before the week is out.
Yesterday, Barbour had minimally invasive, out-patient surgery on his low back. The surgery was scheduled to address a minor back issue commonly encountered in active individuals and former athletes.
“The procedure was a success and the prognosis is excellent. The surgery relieved the pressure on the nerves in the Governor’s low back that caused the discomfort,” said Dr. Jack Moriarity, the neurosurgeon at NewSouth NeuroSpine who performed the procedure.
The surgery was performed at River Oaks Hospital, and the governor returned home around noon yesterday, a few hours after surgery.
“I received immediate relief, and I expect to be back to work full time this week,” said Barbour.
Source: Gov. Haley Barbour
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county