Barbour recovering from surgery, prognosis ‘excellent’
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour is recovering from back surgery, and says he will be back full time before the week is out.
Yesterday, Barbour had minimally invasive, out-patient surgery on his low back. The surgery was scheduled to address a minor back issue commonly encountered in active individuals and former athletes.
“The procedure was a success and the prognosis is excellent. The surgery relieved the pressure on the nerves in the Governor’s low back that caused the discomfort,” said Dr. Jack Moriarity, the neurosurgeon at NewSouth NeuroSpine who performed the procedure.
The surgery was performed at River Oaks Hospital, and the governor returned home around noon yesterday, a few hours after surgery.
“I received immediate relief, and I expect to be back to work full time this week,” said Barbour.
Source: Gov. Haley Barbour
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program