Barbour recovering from surgery, prognosis ‘excellent’
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour is recovering from back surgery, and says he will be back full time before the week is out.
Yesterday, Barbour had minimally invasive, out-patient surgery on his low back. The surgery was scheduled to address a minor back issue commonly encountered in active individuals and former athletes.
“The procedure was a success and the prognosis is excellent. The surgery relieved the pressure on the nerves in the Governor’s low back that caused the discomfort,” said Dr. Jack Moriarity, the neurosurgeon at NewSouth NeuroSpine who performed the procedure.
The surgery was performed at River Oaks Hospital, and the governor returned home around noon yesterday, a few hours after surgery.
“I received immediate relief, and I expect to be back to work full time this week,” said Barbour.
Source: Gov. Haley Barbour
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location