Barbour recovering from surgery, prognosis ‘excellent’
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour is recovering from back surgery, and says he will be back full time before the week is out.
Yesterday, Barbour had minimally invasive, out-patient surgery on his low back. The surgery was scheduled to address a minor back issue commonly encountered in active individuals and former athletes.
“The procedure was a success and the prognosis is excellent. The surgery relieved the pressure on the nerves in the Governor’s low back that caused the discomfort,” said Dr. Jack Moriarity, the neurosurgeon at NewSouth NeuroSpine who performed the procedure.
The surgery was performed at River Oaks Hospital, and the governor returned home around noon yesterday, a few hours after surgery.
“I received immediate relief, and I expect to be back to work full time this week,” said Barbour.
Source: Gov. Haley Barbour
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet