Entergy expects earnings to exceed forecast
Published: April 19,2011
NEW ORLEANS — Power provider Entergy Corp. said today that it expects first-quarter profit to exceed analysts’ forecasts.
The company said it expects to report first-quarter earnings of about $1.37 per share, up from $1.12 per share for the first quarter of 2010.
A year ago, the company had special, one-time items stemming from an abandoned plan to spin off its nuclear generators that produce power for wholesale markets into a separate company.
Analysts surveyed by FactSet have forecast earnings of $1.32 per share on revenue of $2.77 billion for the latest quarter.
Entergy said increased weather-adjusted sales would increase earnings in its regulated utility division that operates in Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas and Texas. That will be partially offset by an earnings decrease at Entergy Wholesale Commodities due to unplanned outages and lower power pricing from its nuclear fleet, the company said.
The utility’s parent division will see lower results because of several individually insignificant items, including higher expenses on the parent company’s debt, Entergy said.
Entergy plans to report first-quarter results April 29.
Source: Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- Bank welcomes Little
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history