Potts: ‘Storm has passed’ First M&F Corp.
by For the MBJ
Published: April 20,2011
KOSCIUSKO — First M&F Corp. reported a profit for the first quarter ended March 31, 2011 of $950,000. Net income allocated to common shareholders was $515,000, or $0.06 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to a profit of $413,000, or $0.05 basic and diluted earnings per share, for the first quarter of 2010.
Hugh S. Potts, Jr., CEO and chairman of the board, said, “It is encouraging to see earnings of $0.06 per share this quarter to make five consecutive quarters of profitable operations and credit issues closer to resolution.”
“Progress out of the recession has been real, measurable and deliberate. The national economy and real estate values have not allowed for a quick or robust recovery but we are making progress.
“First M&F is slowly building capital through retained earnings while navigating very choppy economic seas. The storm has passed.”
Source: First M&F
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Rep. Howell decides not to seek re-election to House
- LTE: With tax cuts, Gov. Bryant dismissive of least of us