Potts: ‘Storm has passed’ First M&F Corp.
by For the MBJ
Published: April 20,2011
KOSCIUSKO — First M&F Corp. reported a profit for the first quarter ended March 31, 2011 of $950,000. Net income allocated to common shareholders was $515,000, or $0.06 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to a profit of $413,000, or $0.05 basic and diluted earnings per share, for the first quarter of 2010.
Hugh S. Potts, Jr., CEO and chairman of the board, said, “It is encouraging to see earnings of $0.06 per share this quarter to make five consecutive quarters of profitable operations and credit issues closer to resolution.”
“Progress out of the recession has been real, measurable and deliberate. The national economy and real estate values have not allowed for a quick or robust recovery but we are making progress.
“First M&F is slowly building capital through retained earnings while navigating very choppy economic seas. The storm has passed.”
Source: First M&F
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation