Potts: ‘Storm has passed’ First M&F Corp.
by For the MBJ
Published: April 20,2011
KOSCIUSKO — First M&F Corp. reported a profit for the first quarter ended March 31, 2011 of $950,000. Net income allocated to common shareholders was $515,000, or $0.06 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to a profit of $413,000, or $0.05 basic and diluted earnings per share, for the first quarter of 2010.
Hugh S. Potts, Jr., CEO and chairman of the board, said, “It is encouraging to see earnings of $0.06 per share this quarter to make five consecutive quarters of profitable operations and credit issues closer to resolution.”
“Progress out of the recession has been real, measurable and deliberate. The national economy and real estate values have not allowed for a quick or robust recovery but we are making progress.
“First M&F is slowly building capital through retained earnings while navigating very choppy economic seas. The storm has passed.”
Source: First M&F
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus