Potts: ‘Storm has passed’ First M&F Corp.
by For the MBJ
Published: April 20,2011
KOSCIUSKO — First M&F Corp. reported a profit for the first quarter ended March 31, 2011 of $950,000. Net income allocated to common shareholders was $515,000, or $0.06 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to a profit of $413,000, or $0.05 basic and diluted earnings per share, for the first quarter of 2010.
Hugh S. Potts, Jr., CEO and chairman of the board, said, “It is encouraging to see earnings of $0.06 per share this quarter to make five consecutive quarters of profitable operations and credit issues closer to resolution.”
“Progress out of the recession has been real, measurable and deliberate. The national economy and real estate values have not allowed for a quick or robust recovery but we are making progress.
“First M&F is slowly building capital through retained earnings while navigating very choppy economic seas. The storm has passed.”
Source: First M&F
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history