Potts: ‘Storm has passed’ First M&F Corp.
by For the MBJ
Published: April 20,2011
KOSCIUSKO — First M&F Corp. reported a profit for the first quarter ended March 31, 2011 of $950,000. Net income allocated to common shareholders was $515,000, or $0.06 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to a profit of $413,000, or $0.05 basic and diluted earnings per share, for the first quarter of 2010.
Hugh S. Potts, Jr., CEO and chairman of the board, said, “It is encouraging to see earnings of $0.06 per share this quarter to make five consecutive quarters of profitable operations and credit issues closer to resolution.”
“Progress out of the recession has been real, measurable and deliberate. The national economy and real estate values have not allowed for a quick or robust recovery but we are making progress.
“First M&F is slowly building capital through retained earnings while navigating very choppy economic seas. The storm has passed.”
Source: First M&F
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones