Blackwell made director at USM
The University of Southern Mississippi has named Dr. Scott Blackwell director of its Department of Residence Life. Blackwell comes to Southern Miss from Oklahoma State University where he served as assistant director for housing and residential life, administering a campus housing program and implementing an emergency response and crisis management system. His credentials include 16 years of student affairs experience in a variety of capacities.
Blackwell is a two-time graduate of Texas A&M University, where he earned a master’s degree in student affairs administration in higher education and a doctorate in educational administration and human resources development.
He and his wife, Cindy, are the parents of twin boys, Ethan and Stuart, 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending