Blackwell made director at USM
The University of Southern Mississippi has named Dr. Scott Blackwell director of its Department of Residence Life. Blackwell comes to Southern Miss from Oklahoma State University where he served as assistant director for housing and residential life, administering a campus housing program and implementing an emergency response and crisis management system. His credentials include 16 years of student affairs experience in a variety of capacities.
Blackwell is a two-time graduate of Texas A&M University, where he earned a master’s degree in student affairs administration in higher education and a doctorate in educational administration and human resources development.
He and his wife, Cindy, are the parents of twin boys, Ethan and Stuart, 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years