Blackwell made director at USM
The University of Southern Mississippi has named Dr. Scott Blackwell director of its Department of Residence Life. Blackwell comes to Southern Miss from Oklahoma State University where he served as assistant director for housing and residential life, administering a campus housing program and implementing an emergency response and crisis management system. His credentials include 16 years of student affairs experience in a variety of capacities.
Blackwell is a two-time graduate of Texas A&M University, where he earned a master’s degree in student affairs administration in higher education and a doctorate in educational administration and human resources development.
He and his wife, Cindy, are the parents of twin boys, Ethan and Stuart, 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs