Blackwell made director at USM
The University of Southern Mississippi has named Dr. Scott Blackwell director of its Department of Residence Life. Blackwell comes to Southern Miss from Oklahoma State University where he served as assistant director for housing and residential life, administering a campus housing program and implementing an emergency response and crisis management system. His credentials include 16 years of student affairs experience in a variety of capacities.
Blackwell is a two-time graduate of Texas A&M University, where he earned a master’s degree in student affairs administration in higher education and a doctorate in educational administration and human resources development.
He and his wife, Cindy, are the parents of twin boys, Ethan and Stuart, 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal