MGCCC honors faculty, staff
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 24,2011
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College recognized the 2011 Instructors of the Year and Difference Makers at the Gulf Coast Alumni/Foundation Spring Reception at the Perkinston Campus.
This year’s Instructor of the Year honorees are: Suzi Brown, language arts instructor at the Jackson County Campus; Karen Fayard, mathematics instructor at the Jefferson Davis Campus; and, Deloris Compston, nursing instructor at the Perkinston Campus. The honorees were presented resolutions from the Mississippi Legislature and awarded $1,000 for use in their respective instructional areas.
The L.N. Dantzler Difference Maker awards have been given to four Gulf Coast employees annually since 2003. This year’s Difference Maker honorees are: Anjelica Holliman, secretary to the vice president of instruction and student services, Central Office; Barbara Richerson, finance clerk in the Business Office, Jackson County Campus; Daphne Flowers, secretary in the Career-Technical Department, Jefferson Davis Campus; and, Vivian Anderson, mathematics instructor in the Learning Lab, Perkinston Campus. The honorees were presented resolutions from the MGCCC board of trustees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement