MGCCC honors faculty, staff
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 24,2011
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College recognized the 2011 Instructors of the Year and Difference Makers at the Gulf Coast Alumni/Foundation Spring Reception at the Perkinston Campus.
This year’s Instructor of the Year honorees are: Suzi Brown, language arts instructor at the Jackson County Campus; Karen Fayard, mathematics instructor at the Jefferson Davis Campus; and, Deloris Compston, nursing instructor at the Perkinston Campus. The honorees were presented resolutions from the Mississippi Legislature and awarded $1,000 for use in their respective instructional areas.
The L.N. Dantzler Difference Maker awards have been given to four Gulf Coast employees annually since 2003. This year’s Difference Maker honorees are: Anjelica Holliman, secretary to the vice president of instruction and student services, Central Office; Barbara Richerson, finance clerk in the Business Office, Jackson County Campus; Daphne Flowers, secretary in the Career-Technical Department, Jefferson Davis Campus; and, Vivian Anderson, mathematics instructor in the Learning Lab, Perkinston Campus. The honorees were presented resolutions from the MGCCC board of trustees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey