MGCCC honors faculty, staff
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 24,2011
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College recognized the 2011 Instructors of the Year and Difference Makers at the Gulf Coast Alumni/Foundation Spring Reception at the Perkinston Campus.
This year’s Instructor of the Year honorees are: Suzi Brown, language arts instructor at the Jackson County Campus; Karen Fayard, mathematics instructor at the Jefferson Davis Campus; and, Deloris Compston, nursing instructor at the Perkinston Campus. The honorees were presented resolutions from the Mississippi Legislature and awarded $1,000 for use in their respective instructional areas.
The L.N. Dantzler Difference Maker awards have been given to four Gulf Coast employees annually since 2003. This year’s Difference Maker honorees are: Anjelica Holliman, secretary to the vice president of instruction and student services, Central Office; Barbara Richerson, finance clerk in the Business Office, Jackson County Campus; Daphne Flowers, secretary in the Career-Technical Department, Jefferson Davis Campus; and, Vivian Anderson, mathematics instructor in the Learning Lab, Perkinston Campus. The honorees were presented resolutions from the MGCCC board of trustees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics