MGCCC honors faculty, staff
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 24,2011
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College recognized the 2011 Instructors of the Year and Difference Makers at the Gulf Coast Alumni/Foundation Spring Reception at the Perkinston Campus.
This year’s Instructor of the Year honorees are: Suzi Brown, language arts instructor at the Jackson County Campus; Karen Fayard, mathematics instructor at the Jefferson Davis Campus; and, Deloris Compston, nursing instructor at the Perkinston Campus. The honorees were presented resolutions from the Mississippi Legislature and awarded $1,000 for use in their respective instructional areas.
The L.N. Dantzler Difference Maker awards have been given to four Gulf Coast employees annually since 2003. This year’s Difference Maker honorees are: Anjelica Holliman, secretary to the vice president of instruction and student services, Central Office; Barbara Richerson, finance clerk in the Business Office, Jackson County Campus; Daphne Flowers, secretary in the Career-Technical Department, Jefferson Davis Campus; and, Vivian Anderson, mathematics instructor in the Learning Lab, Perkinston Campus. The honorees were presented resolutions from the MGCCC board of trustees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center