MGCCC honors faculty, staff
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 24,2011
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College recognized the 2011 Instructors of the Year and Difference Makers at the Gulf Coast Alumni/Foundation Spring Reception at the Perkinston Campus.
This year’s Instructor of the Year honorees are: Suzi Brown, language arts instructor at the Jackson County Campus; Karen Fayard, mathematics instructor at the Jefferson Davis Campus; and, Deloris Compston, nursing instructor at the Perkinston Campus. The honorees were presented resolutions from the Mississippi Legislature and awarded $1,000 for use in their respective instructional areas.
The L.N. Dantzler Difference Maker awards have been given to four Gulf Coast employees annually since 2003. This year’s Difference Maker honorees are: Anjelica Holliman, secretary to the vice president of instruction and student services, Central Office; Barbara Richerson, finance clerk in the Business Office, Jackson County Campus; Daphne Flowers, secretary in the Career-Technical Department, Jefferson Davis Campus; and, Vivian Anderson, mathematics instructor in the Learning Lab, Perkinston Campus. The honorees were presented resolutions from the MGCCC board of trustees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center