Morgan Keegan adds Cornell
Morgan Keegan & Company Inc. announced that Dan Cornell has joined the firm’s Security & Defense Investment Banking group as a managing director.
Cornell’s arrival at Morgan Keegan coincides with the announcement by Regions Financial, the firm’s parent company, of the formation of a Technology & Defense Banking Group dedicated to serving the unique financial needs of companies in these specialized industries. David Sozio, a 25-year veteran in the technology and defense sectors, was named managing director of Regions’ Technology & Defense Banking Group.
During his 15 years in the investment banking industry, Cornell has executed more than 90 capital raising and mergers and acquisitions transactions in the aerospace, defense and government services sectors. While at Jefferies, he served as the head of the Washington, D.C., office and led several of the firm’s notable transactions. Prior to Jefferies, Cornell built leading aerospace, defense and government services investment banking practices at Quarterdeck Investment Partners, Legg Mason and Stifel Nicolaus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections