Morgan Keegan adds Cornell
Morgan Keegan & Company Inc. announced that Dan Cornell has joined the firm’s Security & Defense Investment Banking group as a managing director.
Cornell’s arrival at Morgan Keegan coincides with the announcement by Regions Financial, the firm’s parent company, of the formation of a Technology & Defense Banking Group dedicated to serving the unique financial needs of companies in these specialized industries. David Sozio, a 25-year veteran in the technology and defense sectors, was named managing director of Regions’ Technology & Defense Banking Group.
During his 15 years in the investment banking industry, Cornell has executed more than 90 capital raising and mergers and acquisitions transactions in the aerospace, defense and government services sectors. While at Jefferies, he served as the head of the Washington, D.C., office and led several of the firm’s notable transactions. Prior to Jefferies, Cornell built leading aerospace, defense and government services investment banking practices at Quarterdeck Investment Partners, Legg Mason and Stifel Nicolaus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years