Morgan Keegan adds Cornell
Morgan Keegan & Company Inc. announced that Dan Cornell has joined the firm’s Security & Defense Investment Banking group as a managing director.
Cornell’s arrival at Morgan Keegan coincides with the announcement by Regions Financial, the firm’s parent company, of the formation of a Technology & Defense Banking Group dedicated to serving the unique financial needs of companies in these specialized industries. David Sozio, a 25-year veteran in the technology and defense sectors, was named managing director of Regions’ Technology & Defense Banking Group.
During his 15 years in the investment banking industry, Cornell has executed more than 90 capital raising and mergers and acquisitions transactions in the aerospace, defense and government services sectors. While at Jefferies, he served as the head of the Washington, D.C., office and led several of the firm’s notable transactions. Prior to Jefferies, Cornell built leading aerospace, defense and government services investment banking practices at Quarterdeck Investment Partners, Legg Mason and Stifel Nicolaus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well