PRAM recognizes Christensen, Forde
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 24,2011
The Public Relations Association of Mississippi (PRAM) recently honored public relations practitioners from around the state for outstanding work and service to the profession. Susan Christensen, APR, received the organization’s Professional Achievement Award. Christensen is the director of public relations for Methodist Rehabilitation Center. In addition to her busy career, Christensen became accredited in public relations in 2008. She has served on various positions on the PRAM Central Board and has received numerous awards for her work.
PRAM named Dr. John E. Forde, APR, Fellow PRSA, as its Educator of the Year. He is associate professor and head of the department of communication at Mississippi State University. He was elected to the prestigious College of Fellows of the Public Relations Society of America in 2010. With his election, he became the first Fellow among the Public Relations Association of Mississippi. A member of the PRAM Starkville/Mississippi State Chapter and its founding president in 1992, Forde served as statewide president of the PRAM organization in 1992 and 1993.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino