PRAM recognizes Christensen, Forde
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 24,2011
The Public Relations Association of Mississippi (PRAM) recently honored public relations practitioners from around the state for outstanding work and service to the profession. Susan Christensen, APR, received the organization’s Professional Achievement Award. Christensen is the director of public relations for Methodist Rehabilitation Center. In addition to her busy career, Christensen became accredited in public relations in 2008. She has served on various positions on the PRAM Central Board and has received numerous awards for her work.
PRAM named Dr. John E. Forde, APR, Fellow PRSA, as its Educator of the Year. He is associate professor and head of the department of communication at Mississippi State University. He was elected to the prestigious College of Fellows of the Public Relations Society of America in 2010. With his election, he became the first Fellow among the Public Relations Association of Mississippi. A member of the PRAM Starkville/Mississippi State Chapter and its founding president in 1992, Forde served as statewide president of the PRAM organization in 1992 and 1993.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House