Stevenson named director at MSU
A Mississippi State University alumnus long experienced in developing diversity programs on campus is the new director of the university’s Office of Diversity and Equity Programs. Tommy J. Stevenson officially assumed his new role April 1, after serving as interim director since June.
Stevenson serves on President Mark E. Keenum’s executive council.
Previously, the Brooksville native was assistant dean for diversity and student development in MSU’s James Worth Bagley College of Engineering. Among other positions on campus, he has served as an admissions counselor in the Division of Student Affairs.
Before going on to earn a doctoral degree from Bowling Green (Ohio) State University, Stevenson received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from MSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food