Stevenson named director at MSU
A Mississippi State University alumnus long experienced in developing diversity programs on campus is the new director of the university’s Office of Diversity and Equity Programs. Tommy J. Stevenson officially assumed his new role April 1, after serving as interim director since June.
Stevenson serves on President Mark E. Keenum’s executive council.
Previously, the Brooksville native was assistant dean for diversity and student development in MSU’s James Worth Bagley College of Engineering. Among other positions on campus, he has served as an admissions counselor in the Division of Student Affairs.
Before going on to earn a doctoral degree from Bowling Green (Ohio) State University, Stevenson received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from MSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss