Stevenson named director at MSU
A Mississippi State University alumnus long experienced in developing diversity programs on campus is the new director of the university’s Office of Diversity and Equity Programs. Tommy J. Stevenson officially assumed his new role April 1, after serving as interim director since June.
Stevenson serves on President Mark E. Keenum’s executive council.
Previously, the Brooksville native was assistant dean for diversity and student development in MSU’s James Worth Bagley College of Engineering. Among other positions on campus, he has served as an admissions counselor in the Division of Student Affairs.
Before going on to earn a doctoral degree from Bowling Green (Ohio) State University, Stevenson received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from MSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion