Stevenson named director at MSU
A Mississippi State University alumnus long experienced in developing diversity programs on campus is the new director of the university’s Office of Diversity and Equity Programs. Tommy J. Stevenson officially assumed his new role April 1, after serving as interim director since June.
Stevenson serves on President Mark E. Keenum’s executive council.
Previously, the Brooksville native was assistant dean for diversity and student development in MSU’s James Worth Bagley College of Engineering. Among other positions on campus, he has served as an admissions counselor in the Division of Student Affairs.
Before going on to earn a doctoral degree from Bowling Green (Ohio) State University, Stevenson received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from MSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves