Entergy Mississippi wants to join transmission group
JACKSON — Entergy Mississippi Inc. has concluded that joining a regional transmission organization, the Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator, will provide meaningful long-term benefits for Entergy Mississippi’s customers.
Additional information regarding the basis for the company’s conclusion will be included in a related submittal to be made with the Mississippi Public Service Commission on or before May 12. The company anticipates submitting a formal proposal with the MPSC later this year, with a target implementation date of December 2013.
The conclusion that joining the MISO will provide meaningful benefits to customers was reached after extensive review and analysis as the company considered transmission arrangements, according to the utility.
“We have very carefully and rigorously evaluated alternatives for the future and expect that joining an RTO, particularly one that offers the size and efficiency of MISO, will result in meaningful benefits for customers,” said Haley Fisackerly, president and CEO of Entergy Mississippi. “MISO is a sizable organization that will provide access to a larger wholesale market for generation. We believe that joining MISO is the best approach for continuing to deliver reliable, reasonable cost power to our customers. We look forward to continuing to work with the Mississippi Public Service Commission as it evaluates this complex and very important matter.”
Source: Entergy Mississippi Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'