BankPlus, Society establish Japan Relief Fund
by For the MBJ
Published: April 26,2011
RIDGELAND and JACKSON — BankPlus, in collaboration with the Japan-America Society of Mississippi (JASMIS), has established the JASMIS Japan Relief Fund to coordinate charitable donations to aid those in Japan affected by the March earthquakes and tsunami.
Dr. Paul Tashiro, JASMIS president, said, “The Japan-America Society has been receiving inquiries and donations from all over the state and beyond. By joining together with our good friends at BankPlus, we hope to make it easier for those who wish to help.”
Contributions to the JASMIS Japan Relief Fund can be made by anyone at the BankPlus Gluckstadt office, located at 1243 Gluckstadt Road, or by Nissan employees at the bank’s in-plant office. Donations may also be mailed to the JASMIS Japan Relief Fund, c/o BankPlus, 1068 Highland Colony Parkway, Ridgeland, MS 39157.
The JASMIS Japan Relief Fund will be in effect until the end of May, at which time BankPlus will match up to $10,000 of donations received. Donations by JASMIS members will also be matched by the Society, up to the level of their membership. All proceeds will be forwarded to Japanese relief agencies to help meet the needs of the victims of the disasters.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State