BankPlus, Society establish Japan Relief Fund
by For the MBJ
Published: April 26,2011
RIDGELAND and JACKSON — BankPlus, in collaboration with the Japan-America Society of Mississippi (JASMIS), has established the JASMIS Japan Relief Fund to coordinate charitable donations to aid those in Japan affected by the March earthquakes and tsunami.
Dr. Paul Tashiro, JASMIS president, said, “The Japan-America Society has been receiving inquiries and donations from all over the state and beyond. By joining together with our good friends at BankPlus, we hope to make it easier for those who wish to help.”
Contributions to the JASMIS Japan Relief Fund can be made by anyone at the BankPlus Gluckstadt office, located at 1243 Gluckstadt Road, or by Nissan employees at the bank’s in-plant office. Donations may also be mailed to the JASMIS Japan Relief Fund, c/o BankPlus, 1068 Highland Colony Parkway, Ridgeland, MS 39157.
The JASMIS Japan Relief Fund will be in effect until the end of May, at which time BankPlus will match up to $10,000 of donations received. Donations by JASMIS members will also be matched by the Society, up to the level of their membership. All proceeds will be forwarded to Japanese relief agencies to help meet the needs of the victims of the disasters.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility