B&K reports much-improved quarterly net income
by For the MBJ
Published: April 26,2011
NATCHEZ — The board of directors of Britton & Koontz Capital Corporation report net income and earnings per share for the quarter ended March 31, 2011, of $575,000 and $.27 per diluted share, respectively, compared to $63,000 and $.03 per diluted share, respectively, for the quarter ended March 31, 2010.
During the first quarter of 2011, B&K’s provision for loan losses declined $350,000, from $1.1 million to $750,000, while gains on sales of investment securities increased $219,000 during the same period.
Additionally, earnings in the first quarter of 2010 were impacted by a $306,000 charge incurred after management concluded that the recovery of loan and related late fees previously believed to be recoverable was ultimately uncertain at best.
Finally, net interest income during the first quarter of 2011 decreased $308,000, compared to the same period in 2010.
Source: Britton & Koontz
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete