B&K reports much-improved quarterly net income
by For the MBJ
Published: April 26,2011
NATCHEZ — The board of directors of Britton & Koontz Capital Corporation report net income and earnings per share for the quarter ended March 31, 2011, of $575,000 and $.27 per diluted share, respectively, compared to $63,000 and $.03 per diluted share, respectively, for the quarter ended March 31, 2010.
During the first quarter of 2011, B&K’s provision for loan losses declined $350,000, from $1.1 million to $750,000, while gains on sales of investment securities increased $219,000 during the same period.
Additionally, earnings in the first quarter of 2010 were impacted by a $306,000 charge incurred after management concluded that the recovery of loan and related late fees previously believed to be recoverable was ultimately uncertain at best.
Finally, net interest income during the first quarter of 2011 decreased $308,000, compared to the same period in 2010.
Source: Britton & Koontz
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium