B&K reports much-improved quarterly net income
by For the MBJ
Published: April 26,2011
NATCHEZ — The board of directors of Britton & Koontz Capital Corporation report net income and earnings per share for the quarter ended March 31, 2011, of $575,000 and $.27 per diluted share, respectively, compared to $63,000 and $.03 per diluted share, respectively, for the quarter ended March 31, 2010.
During the first quarter of 2011, B&K’s provision for loan losses declined $350,000, from $1.1 million to $750,000, while gains on sales of investment securities increased $219,000 during the same period.
Additionally, earnings in the first quarter of 2010 were impacted by a $306,000 charge incurred after management concluded that the recovery of loan and related late fees previously believed to be recoverable was ultimately uncertain at best.
Finally, net interest income during the first quarter of 2011 decreased $308,000, compared to the same period in 2010.
Source: Britton & Koontz
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- BILL CRAWFORD: Lowest Common Denominators, Politicians, and Common Core
- Grenada plastics company to expand, add 60 jobs
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Former Harrison County utility chief indicted on federal charges