Trustmark posts $24M first-quarter net income
by For the MBJ
Published: April 27,2011
JACKSON — Trustmark Corporation reported net income available to common shareholders of $24 million in the first quarter of 2011, which represented basic and diluted earnings per common share of $0.38 and $0.37, respectively.
Trustmark’s performance during the quarter produced a return on average tangible common equity of 11.65 percent and a return on average assets of 1.02 percent.
Trustmark’s board of directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.23 per common share. The dividend is payable June 15, 2011, to shareholders of record June 1, 2011.
Gerard R. Host, president and CEO, said, “Growth in earning assets in Trustmark’s traditional banking business, coupled with lower funding costs, produced stable net interest income and a 4.30 percent net interest margin. Our fee-based wealth management and mortgage banking businesses also continued to perform well. Most significant, however, was the improvement in credit quality, which was reflected by reductions in nonperforming loans and net charge-offs.”
Source: Trustmark Corporation
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics