Trustmark posts $24M first-quarter net income
by For the MBJ
Published: April 27,2011
JACKSON — Trustmark Corporation reported net income available to common shareholders of $24 million in the first quarter of 2011, which represented basic and diluted earnings per common share of $0.38 and $0.37, respectively.
Trustmark’s performance during the quarter produced a return on average tangible common equity of 11.65 percent and a return on average assets of 1.02 percent.
Trustmark’s board of directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.23 per common share. The dividend is payable June 15, 2011, to shareholders of record June 1, 2011.
Gerard R. Host, president and CEO, said, “Growth in earning assets in Trustmark’s traditional banking business, coupled with lower funding costs, produced stable net interest income and a 4.30 percent net interest margin. Our fee-based wealth management and mortgage banking businesses also continued to perform well. Most significant, however, was the improvement in credit quality, which was reflected by reductions in nonperforming loans and net charge-offs.”
Source: Trustmark Corporation
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years