Chevron awards construction contract to KBR
PASCAGOULA — KBR of Houston, Texas, has been awarded a $65-million contract by Chevron Products Company to execute a Base Oil expansion project at Chevron’s refinery in Pascagoula.
The construction project includes building a new lubes hydrocracker and a lube dewaxing/hydrofinishing unit. KBR intends to hire staff locally for the execution of this project.
Work is expected to begin in May, and upon completion, the facility is expected to be one of the largest premium base oil plants in the world.
Just this week, it was announced that KiOR, also based in Houston, had awarded the contract to build its biomass-to-renewable crude facility to be located in Columbus. Terms were not disclosed.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Chevron awards construction contract to KBR”
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate