Chevron awards construction contract to KBR
PASCAGOULA — KBR of Houston, Texas, has been awarded a $65-million contract by Chevron Products Company to execute a Base Oil expansion project at Chevron’s refinery in Pascagoula.
The construction project includes building a new lubes hydrocracker and a lube dewaxing/hydrofinishing unit. KBR intends to hire staff locally for the execution of this project.
Work is expected to begin in May, and upon completion, the facility is expected to be one of the largest premium base oil plants in the world.
Just this week, it was announced that KiOR, also based in Houston, had awarded the contract to build its biomass-to-renewable crude facility to be located in Columbus. Terms were not disclosed.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Chevron awards construction contract to KBR”
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil