Chevron awards construction contract to KBR
PASCAGOULA — KBR of Houston, Texas, has been awarded a $65-million contract by Chevron Products Company to execute a Base Oil expansion project at Chevron’s refinery in Pascagoula.
The construction project includes building a new lubes hydrocracker and a lube dewaxing/hydrofinishing unit. KBR intends to hire staff locally for the execution of this project.
Work is expected to begin in May, and upon completion, the facility is expected to be one of the largest premium base oil plants in the world.
Just this week, it was announced that KiOR, also based in Houston, had awarded the contract to build its biomass-to-renewable crude facility to be located in Columbus. Terms were not disclosed.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Chevron awards construction contract to KBR”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015