Chevron awards construction contract to KBR
PASCAGOULA — KBR of Houston, Texas, has been awarded a $65-million contract by Chevron Products Company to execute a Base Oil expansion project at Chevron’s refinery in Pascagoula.
The construction project includes building a new lubes hydrocracker and a lube dewaxing/hydrofinishing unit. KBR intends to hire staff locally for the execution of this project.
Work is expected to begin in May, and upon completion, the facility is expected to be one of the largest premium base oil plants in the world.
Just this week, it was announced that KiOR, also based in Houston, had awarded the contract to build its biomass-to-renewable crude facility to be located in Columbus. Terms were not disclosed.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Chevron awards construction contract to KBR”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren