Chevron awards construction contract to KBR
PASCAGOULA — KBR of Houston, Texas, has been awarded a $65-million contract by Chevron Products Company to execute a Base Oil expansion project at Chevron’s refinery in Pascagoula.
The construction project includes building a new lubes hydrocracker and a lube dewaxing/hydrofinishing unit. KBR intends to hire staff locally for the execution of this project.
Work is expected to begin in May, and upon completion, the facility is expected to be one of the largest premium base oil plants in the world.
Just this week, it was announced that KiOR, also based in Houston, had awarded the contract to build its biomass-to-renewable crude facility to be located in Columbus. Terms were not disclosed.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Chevron awards construction contract to KBR”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium