Peoples’ numbers back in the black as loan losses fall
by For the MBJ
Published: April 28,2011
BILOXI — Peoples Financial Corporation, parent of The Peoples Bank, earned $438,000 in the first quarter of 2011, compared to a loss of $1.197 million in the last quarter of 2010, announced Chevis C. Swetman, chairman and CEO of the holding company and the bank.
The provision for loan losses in the first quarter of 2011 fell to $641,000, compared to $3.065 million in the fourth quarter of 2010 and $1.15 million in the first quarter a year ago.
“All these metrics indicate to us that maybe, just maybe, the business cycle has finally hit bottom,” said Swetman. “Of course, there is no guarantee that our local economy will not bounce along the bottom for a while, because we see virtually no up-tick in loan demand yet.”
Source: Peoples Financial Corporation
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Peoples’ numbers back in the black as loan losses fall”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015