Peoples’ numbers back in the black as loan losses fall
by For the MBJ
Published: April 28,2011
BILOXI — Peoples Financial Corporation, parent of The Peoples Bank, earned $438,000 in the first quarter of 2011, compared to a loss of $1.197 million in the last quarter of 2010, announced Chevis C. Swetman, chairman and CEO of the holding company and the bank.
The provision for loan losses in the first quarter of 2011 fell to $641,000, compared to $3.065 million in the fourth quarter of 2010 and $1.15 million in the first quarter a year ago.
“All these metrics indicate to us that maybe, just maybe, the business cycle has finally hit bottom,” said Swetman. “Of course, there is no guarantee that our local economy will not bounce along the bottom for a while, because we see virtually no up-tick in loan demand yet.”
Source: Peoples Financial Corporation
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Peoples’ numbers back in the black as loan losses fall”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M