Peoples’ numbers back in the black as loan losses fall
by For the MBJ
Published: April 28,2011
BILOXI — Peoples Financial Corporation, parent of The Peoples Bank, earned $438,000 in the first quarter of 2011, compared to a loss of $1.197 million in the last quarter of 2010, announced Chevis C. Swetman, chairman and CEO of the holding company and the bank.
The provision for loan losses in the first quarter of 2011 fell to $641,000, compared to $3.065 million in the fourth quarter of 2010 and $1.15 million in the first quarter a year ago.
“All these metrics indicate to us that maybe, just maybe, the business cycle has finally hit bottom,” said Swetman. “Of course, there is no guarantee that our local economy will not bounce along the bottom for a while, because we see virtually no up-tick in loan demand yet.”
Source: Peoples Financial Corporation
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Peoples’ numbers back in the black as loan losses fall”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams