Residents to vote on hotel tax to fund sportsplex
GREENVILLE — Washington County voters will be asked Nov. 2 to approve a 2 percent tax on hotels and motels to support construction of a multipurpose sports complex.
The sportsplex would be located on 95 acres next to the Washington County Convention Center.
Lawmakers approved the tax this year. Supervisors this week approved levying the tax pending voter approval.
Gwin Koestler of the Delta Sportsplex Foundation tells the Delta Democrat Times that the project is expected to cost $20 million.
The sportsplex will feature three baseball complexes of five fields each while utilizing Legion Field and the four existing baseball fields currently located at the site.
Each complex will have a concession pavilion and restroom facilities.
Source: Delta Democrat Times
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release