Residents to vote on hotel tax to fund sportsplex
GREENVILLE — Washington County voters will be asked Nov. 2 to approve a 2 percent tax on hotels and motels to support construction of a multipurpose sports complex.
The sportsplex would be located on 95 acres next to the Washington County Convention Center.
Lawmakers approved the tax this year. Supervisors this week approved levying the tax pending voter approval.
Gwin Koestler of the Delta Sportsplex Foundation tells the Delta Democrat Times that the project is expected to cost $20 million.
The sportsplex will feature three baseball complexes of five fields each while utilizing Legion Field and the four existing baseball fields currently located at the site.
Each complex will have a concession pavilion and restroom facilities.
Source: Delta Democrat Times
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Texas company buys Tuscaloosa Marine Shale leases