Residents to vote on hotel tax to fund sportsplex
GREENVILLE — Washington County voters will be asked Nov. 2 to approve a 2 percent tax on hotels and motels to support construction of a multipurpose sports complex.
The sportsplex would be located on 95 acres next to the Washington County Convention Center.
Lawmakers approved the tax this year. Supervisors this week approved levying the tax pending voter approval.
Gwin Koestler of the Delta Sportsplex Foundation tells the Delta Democrat Times that the project is expected to cost $20 million.
The sportsplex will feature three baseball complexes of five fields each while utilizing Legion Field and the four existing baseball fields currently located at the site.
Each complex will have a concession pavilion and restroom facilities.
Source: Delta Democrat Times
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location