Residents to vote on hotel tax to fund sportsplex
GREENVILLE — Washington County voters will be asked Nov. 2 to approve a 2 percent tax on hotels and motels to support construction of a multipurpose sports complex.
The sportsplex would be located on 95 acres next to the Washington County Convention Center.
Lawmakers approved the tax this year. Supervisors this week approved levying the tax pending voter approval.
Gwin Koestler of the Delta Sportsplex Foundation tells the Delta Democrat Times that the project is expected to cost $20 million.
The sportsplex will feature three baseball complexes of five fields each while utilizing Legion Field and the four existing baseball fields currently located at the site.
Each complex will have a concession pavilion and restroom facilities.
Source: Delta Democrat Times
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters