Residents to vote on hotel tax to fund sportsplex
GREENVILLE — Washington County voters will be asked Nov. 2 to approve a 2 percent tax on hotels and motels to support construction of a multipurpose sports complex.
The sportsplex would be located on 95 acres next to the Washington County Convention Center.
Lawmakers approved the tax this year. Supervisors this week approved levying the tax pending voter approval.
Gwin Koestler of the Delta Sportsplex Foundation tells the Delta Democrat Times that the project is expected to cost $20 million.
The sportsplex will feature three baseball complexes of five fields each while utilizing Legion Field and the four existing baseball fields currently located at the site.
Each complex will have a concession pavilion and restroom facilities.
Source: Delta Democrat Times
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican