Alford named county bank president
Marcus Mallory, Cadence state executive for Mississippi, recently announced that Timothy W. Alford has been appointed bank president for Monroe County. Alford began his banking career in 1994 at Sunburst Bank where he served as a loan officer. He later served as assistant vice president at Mechanics Bank in Oxford, as vice president at AmSouth in Columbus and as senior vice president at BancorpSouth in Oxford. Prior to joining Cadence, Alford served as first vice president at Renasant Bank in Oxford.
Alford, a native of Corinth, received his bachelor of business administration and his master of business administration at Mississippi State University. He also received the University of Mississippi School of Banking certificate.
Alford currently volunteers with Relay for Life, and he has served as the March of Dimes coordinator. Alford served on the United Way Appropriations Committee and on the Home Builders of North Central Mississippi board. He has previously been an officer in the Lions Club of Oxford, the Kiwanis Club and the Mississippi State University Alumni Association.
He currently resides in Oxford, but he will be moving to Amory with his wife, Joanna, and their two children, Laura Elizabeth and Emily Whitt.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO