Alford named county bank president
Marcus Mallory, Cadence state executive for Mississippi, recently announced that Timothy W. Alford has been appointed bank president for Monroe County. Alford began his banking career in 1994 at Sunburst Bank where he served as a loan officer. He later served as assistant vice president at Mechanics Bank in Oxford, as vice president at AmSouth in Columbus and as senior vice president at BancorpSouth in Oxford. Prior to joining Cadence, Alford served as first vice president at Renasant Bank in Oxford.
Alford, a native of Corinth, received his bachelor of business administration and his master of business administration at Mississippi State University. He also received the University of Mississippi School of Banking certificate.
Alford currently volunteers with Relay for Life, and he has served as the March of Dimes coordinator. Alford served on the United Way Appropriations Committee and on the Home Builders of North Central Mississippi board. He has previously been an officer in the Lions Club of Oxford, the Kiwanis Club and the Mississippi State University Alumni Association.
He currently resides in Oxford, but he will be moving to Amory with his wife, Joanna, and their two children, Laura Elizabeth and Emily Whitt.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags