Alford named county bank president
Marcus Mallory, Cadence state executive for Mississippi, recently announced that Timothy W. Alford has been appointed bank president for Monroe County. Alford began his banking career in 1994 at Sunburst Bank where he served as a loan officer. He later served as assistant vice president at Mechanics Bank in Oxford, as vice president at AmSouth in Columbus and as senior vice president at BancorpSouth in Oxford. Prior to joining Cadence, Alford served as first vice president at Renasant Bank in Oxford.
Alford, a native of Corinth, received his bachelor of business administration and his master of business administration at Mississippi State University. He also received the University of Mississippi School of Banking certificate.
Alford currently volunteers with Relay for Life, and he has served as the March of Dimes coordinator. Alford served on the United Way Appropriations Committee and on the Home Builders of North Central Mississippi board. He has previously been an officer in the Lions Club of Oxford, the Kiwanis Club and the Mississippi State University Alumni Association.
He currently resides in Oxford, but he will be moving to Amory with his wife, Joanna, and their two children, Laura Elizabeth and Emily Whitt.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- New Orleans congestion keeps Chiquita Gulfport port
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- More money needed to get Biloxi baseball stadium open on time
- Cox won't seek a second term as Greenville mayor
- Mississippi auto parts workers in union drive plan protest
- Gunn to seek phaseout of personal income tax