Ardillo appointed to Personnel Board
Gov. Haley Barbour has appointed Col. Nick P. Ardillo Jr. (retired) of Columbus to the Mississippi State Personnel Board. Representing the Third Supreme Court District, Ardillo has been appointed to fulfill an unexpired term, which ends June 30, 2011, and has been appointed to a subsequent five-year term ending June 30, 2016. The Mississippi State Senate has confirmed both appointments.
As a former Commander of Columbus Air Force Base, Ardillo currently is a principal in Ardillo McCullough & Taggard, LLC, and a principal of NPA, LLC. Previously as executive director of the Golden Triangle Regional Airport, Ardillo led the regional effort to bring American Eurocopter’s multi-million-dollar manufacturing plant to the Golden Triangle.
His previous public service also includes serving as deputy chief of staff to Gov. Kirk Fordice and as the governor’s representative on the Tennessee Tombigbee Waterway Development Authority for both Fordice and Barbour.
A past president of the Mississippi Airports Association, his current board memberships include the Mississippi Military Communities Council, Momentum Mississippi and the Mississippi Commission for Volunteer Service.
Ardillo is a graduate of Auburn University with a master’s degree from Troy University and a graduate of the United States Air Force, Air War College.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip