Bentley, Bourgeois named best lawyers
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2011
Mississippi College School of Law leaders have selected Michael Bentley as the 2011 Young Lawyer of the Year. The award, presented annually by the law school, recognizes a young lawyer who has been a credit to the law school and legal community.
A native of Meridian, Bentley is an associate at Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, LLP, in Jackson. The 2007 MC Law graduate received his bachelor’s degree from Millsaps College. He currently serves as a member of the Jackson Young Lawyers board of directors. Bentley also serves as a board member of the Mississippi Association of Partners in Education.
Bentley is married to the former Sarah McAtee, a native of Mobile, Ala.
In a separate item, Mississippi College School of Law leaders selected Lucien Bourgeois as the 2011 Lawyer of the Year. The award, presented annually by the law school, recognizes a lawyer who has been a credit to the law school and legal community.
Bourgeois is a member of Butler Snow’s Public Finance and Incentives Group. He has served as bond counsel for a wide range of local and state projects including privatized housing at Jackson State University and the Pearl River Community College Student Housing Corporation. The 1980 MC Law graduate received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the University of Mississippi.
Bourgeois was named to the Best Lawyers in America in public finance law.
Bourgeois is married to Connie Bourgeois.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen