Bentley, Bourgeois named best lawyers
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2011
Mississippi College School of Law leaders have selected Michael Bentley as the 2011 Young Lawyer of the Year. The award, presented annually by the law school, recognizes a young lawyer who has been a credit to the law school and legal community.
A native of Meridian, Bentley is an associate at Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, LLP, in Jackson. The 2007 MC Law graduate received his bachelor’s degree from Millsaps College. He currently serves as a member of the Jackson Young Lawyers board of directors. Bentley also serves as a board member of the Mississippi Association of Partners in Education.
Bentley is married to the former Sarah McAtee, a native of Mobile, Ala.
In a separate item, Mississippi College School of Law leaders selected Lucien Bourgeois as the 2011 Lawyer of the Year. The award, presented annually by the law school, recognizes a lawyer who has been a credit to the law school and legal community.
Bourgeois is a member of Butler Snow’s Public Finance and Incentives Group. He has served as bond counsel for a wide range of local and state projects including privatized housing at Jackson State University and the Pearl River Community College Student Housing Corporation. The 1980 MC Law graduate received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the University of Mississippi.
Bourgeois was named to the Best Lawyers in America in public finance law.
Bourgeois is married to Connie Bourgeois.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste