Bentley, Bourgeois named best lawyers
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2011
Mississippi College School of Law leaders have selected Michael Bentley as the 2011 Young Lawyer of the Year. The award, presented annually by the law school, recognizes a young lawyer who has been a credit to the law school and legal community.
A native of Meridian, Bentley is an associate at Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, LLP, in Jackson. The 2007 MC Law graduate received his bachelor’s degree from Millsaps College. He currently serves as a member of the Jackson Young Lawyers board of directors. Bentley also serves as a board member of the Mississippi Association of Partners in Education.
Bentley is married to the former Sarah McAtee, a native of Mobile, Ala.
In a separate item, Mississippi College School of Law leaders selected Lucien Bourgeois as the 2011 Lawyer of the Year. The award, presented annually by the law school, recognizes a lawyer who has been a credit to the law school and legal community.
Bourgeois is a member of Butler Snow’s Public Finance and Incentives Group. He has served as bond counsel for a wide range of local and state projects including privatized housing at Jackson State University and the Pearl River Community College Student Housing Corporation. The 1980 MC Law graduate received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the University of Mississippi.
Bourgeois was named to the Best Lawyers in America in public finance law.
Bourgeois is married to Connie Bourgeois.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast