Bentley, Bourgeois named best lawyers
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2011
Mississippi College School of Law leaders have selected Michael Bentley as the 2011 Young Lawyer of the Year. The award, presented annually by the law school, recognizes a young lawyer who has been a credit to the law school and legal community.
A native of Meridian, Bentley is an associate at Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, LLP, in Jackson. The 2007 MC Law graduate received his bachelor’s degree from Millsaps College. He currently serves as a member of the Jackson Young Lawyers board of directors. Bentley also serves as a board member of the Mississippi Association of Partners in Education.
Bentley is married to the former Sarah McAtee, a native of Mobile, Ala.
In a separate item, Mississippi College School of Law leaders selected Lucien Bourgeois as the 2011 Lawyer of the Year. The award, presented annually by the law school, recognizes a lawyer who has been a credit to the law school and legal community.
Bourgeois is a member of Butler Snow’s Public Finance and Incentives Group. He has served as bond counsel for a wide range of local and state projects including privatized housing at Jackson State University and the Pearl River Community College Student Housing Corporation. The 1980 MC Law graduate received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the University of Mississippi.
Bourgeois was named to the Best Lawyers in America in public finance law.
Bourgeois is married to Connie Bourgeois.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC