Brown goes to Washington
Dr. Jim Brown, a Starkville ophthalmologist, recently met with Sen. Roger Wicker and aides to Sen. Thad Cochran and Rep. Gregg Harper to discuss legislation on healthcare reform and Medicare in Washington, D.C.
Brown was serving as a representative for the Mississippi Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat Association in conjunction with the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s (AAO) Congressional Advocacy Day April 6-7.
Last summer, Brown was named a participant in the AAO’s year-long Leadership Development Program, having been chosen through a competitive selection process. Advocacy is a key area of the program.
Brown is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in LASIK surgery, cataract surgery, eyelid surgery, diabetic retinopathy treatment and glaucoma management, and retinal laser procedures. His practice is the Eye & Laser Center of Starkville. He is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is a member of the AAO as well as the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015