Brown goes to Washington
Dr. Jim Brown, a Starkville ophthalmologist, recently met with Sen. Roger Wicker and aides to Sen. Thad Cochran and Rep. Gregg Harper to discuss legislation on healthcare reform and Medicare in Washington, D.C.
Brown was serving as a representative for the Mississippi Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat Association in conjunction with the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s (AAO) Congressional Advocacy Day April 6-7.
Last summer, Brown was named a participant in the AAO’s year-long Leadership Development Program, having been chosen through a competitive selection process. Advocacy is a key area of the program.
Brown is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in LASIK surgery, cataract surgery, eyelid surgery, diabetic retinopathy treatment and glaucoma management, and retinal laser procedures. His practice is the Eye & Laser Center of Starkville. He is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is a member of the AAO as well as the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur