Brown goes to Washington
Dr. Jim Brown, a Starkville ophthalmologist, recently met with Sen. Roger Wicker and aides to Sen. Thad Cochran and Rep. Gregg Harper to discuss legislation on healthcare reform and Medicare in Washington, D.C.
Brown was serving as a representative for the Mississippi Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat Association in conjunction with the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s (AAO) Congressional Advocacy Day April 6-7.
Last summer, Brown was named a participant in the AAO’s year-long Leadership Development Program, having been chosen through a competitive selection process. Advocacy is a key area of the program.
Brown is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in LASIK surgery, cataract surgery, eyelid surgery, diabetic retinopathy treatment and glaucoma management, and retinal laser procedures. His practice is the Eye & Laser Center of Starkville. He is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is a member of the AAO as well as the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today