Brown goes to Washington
Dr. Jim Brown, a Starkville ophthalmologist, recently met with Sen. Roger Wicker and aides to Sen. Thad Cochran and Rep. Gregg Harper to discuss legislation on healthcare reform and Medicare in Washington, D.C.
Brown was serving as a representative for the Mississippi Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat Association in conjunction with the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s (AAO) Congressional Advocacy Day April 6-7.
Last summer, Brown was named a participant in the AAO’s year-long Leadership Development Program, having been chosen through a competitive selection process. Advocacy is a key area of the program.
Brown is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in LASIK surgery, cataract surgery, eyelid surgery, diabetic retinopathy treatment and glaucoma management, and retinal laser procedures. His practice is the Eye & Laser Center of Starkville. He is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is a member of the AAO as well as the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager