Brown goes to Washington
Dr. Jim Brown, a Starkville ophthalmologist, recently met with Sen. Roger Wicker and aides to Sen. Thad Cochran and Rep. Gregg Harper to discuss legislation on healthcare reform and Medicare in Washington, D.C.
Brown was serving as a representative for the Mississippi Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat Association in conjunction with the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s (AAO) Congressional Advocacy Day April 6-7.
Last summer, Brown was named a participant in the AAO’s year-long Leadership Development Program, having been chosen through a competitive selection process. Advocacy is a key area of the program.
Brown is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in LASIK surgery, cataract surgery, eyelid surgery, diabetic retinopathy treatment and glaucoma management, and retinal laser procedures. His practice is the Eye & Laser Center of Starkville. He is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is a member of the AAO as well as the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy