Brown goes to Washington
Dr. Jim Brown, a Starkville ophthalmologist, recently met with Sen. Roger Wicker and aides to Sen. Thad Cochran and Rep. Gregg Harper to discuss legislation on healthcare reform and Medicare in Washington, D.C.
Brown was serving as a representative for the Mississippi Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat Association in conjunction with the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s (AAO) Congressional Advocacy Day April 6-7.
Last summer, Brown was named a participant in the AAO’s year-long Leadership Development Program, having been chosen through a competitive selection process. Advocacy is a key area of the program.
Brown is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in LASIK surgery, cataract surgery, eyelid surgery, diabetic retinopathy treatment and glaucoma management, and retinal laser procedures. His practice is the Eye & Laser Center of Starkville. He is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is a member of the AAO as well as the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur