DSU honors faculty, staff
Delta State University recently honored employees who are retiring and award service pins to others at a Retirement Service Award Ceremony.
Honored retirees were: Alinda Sledge, chair, Department Social Work; Carole White, director, Thad Cochran Center; Debi Ingram, senior secretary, Health Physical Education and Recreation; Deborah Moore, director, Center for Community and Economic Development; Gloria Brister, chair, Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences; Gloria Enriquez, senior secretary, communication and marketing; Hattie Brandon, housing custodial; Judy M. Godbold, coordinator of commencement; K. P. Sridharan, professor of economics and finance; Leslie Horton, assistant professor of math; Levenia Maxwell-Barnes, associate professor of Teacher Ed; Milton Wilder, professor of health, physical education and recreation; Nancy Clark, associate professor of speech communication and theater art; Peter Rocconi, HVAC services technician/EMCS; Thomas Boschert, visiting assistant professor of history; William A. Morehead, chair, Division of Accountancy, computer information systems and finance; and, William Miller, maintenance supervisor.
Those receiving 20-year service pins were: Aulene Brumfield, senior secretary, management, marketing and business administration; Judy Godbold, coordinator of commencement; Ann Giger, director of donor relations; Hattie Brandon, housing custodial; Marjorie Gladden, coordinator of third-party billing/assistant cashier; Vicki Hartley, associate professor of special education and coordinator of special ed; Irene Johnson, custodial supervisor; Kathryn Kirsch de Burgos, senior secretary, language and literature; Carla Lewis, administrative secretary/dean of nursing; Christie Rocconi, financial aid counselor; and, Stella Woods, senior secretary, social work.
Those receiving 25-year pins were: Judy Godbold, coordinator of commencement; Ben Burgos-Aguilar, professor of Spanish; and, Billy Moore, dean, College of Business.
Those receiving 30-year pins were: Bill Hays, chair, Division of Languages and Literature; William Miller, maintenance supervisor; and, Paula Norris, professor of mathematics.
Ronnie Mayers, assistant athletic director/director of aquatics/recreational, received his 35-year service pin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point