Fritz named MCOA interim director
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2011
The Mississippi Casino Operators Association has a new director for the first time in 17 years. The association’s board announced that Beverly Martin had left her position as executive director. She was the first and only director of the MCOA since it merged with the Mississippi Gaming Association in 1994.
Chett Harrison, general manager of Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis and vice chairman of the MCOA, tells The Sun Herald the 15 members elected not to renew Martin’s contract.
Harrison says Kimberly Fritz, who has 25 years of experience in the casino industry, has been appointed the interim director of the organization.
Fritz worked at several casinos in Atlantic City before moving to South Mississippi in 1994.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- News The Way You Want It!
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues