Fritz named MCOA interim director
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2011
The Mississippi Casino Operators Association has a new director for the first time in 17 years. The association’s board announced that Beverly Martin had left her position as executive director. She was the first and only director of the MCOA since it merged with the Mississippi Gaming Association in 1994.
Chett Harrison, general manager of Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis and vice chairman of the MCOA, tells The Sun Herald the 15 members elected not to renew Martin’s contract.
Harrison says Kimberly Fritz, who has 25 years of experience in the casino industry, has been appointed the interim director of the organization.
Fritz worked at several casinos in Atlantic City before moving to South Mississippi in 1994.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation