Lucas, Jolly heading MSU legal team
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2011
Joan L. Lucas is Mississippi State University’s new general counsel. Since June, the Jackson native has been interim leader of the campus office that advises president Mark E. Keenum, the vice presidents and other administrators on legal issues affecting the land-grant university and its operation.
Lucas, who succeeds the retired Charles L. Guest, also now holds the position of special assistant state attorney general for litigation issues involving MSU.
Joining Lucas in the campus office is Brandon L. Jolly, newly appointed associate general counsel. A Houston native, he previously was in private practice with the Jackson firm of Baker Donelson Bearman Caldwell & Berkowitz.
Lucas also was with Baker Donelson before being named MSU’s assistant general counsel in 2009. She is a 2002 University of Mississippi graduate who went on to complete her law degree there in 2005.
While in law school, she was trial chairman of the Moot Court Board, member of Phi Delta Phi international legal fraternity and a selection for a number of competitive honors and scholarships.
Jolly is a 2002 graduate of Mississippi State, where he was a John C. Stennis Scholar in Political Science and Student Association attorney general. He also is a 2005 graduate of the Ole Miss Law School, where he was a member of the Mississippi Law Journal and a selection for two scholarships.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more