Meena chairing RCA board
Hu Meena, president and CEO of Cellular South, has been elected chairman of the board of the Rural Cellular Association (RCA), the nation’s leading industry group representing competitive wireless communications providers. Meena takes over the leadership post as the association works to ensure that customers of its member companies have access to data services and devices whenever they are in range of a compatible network and that pro-competitive and pro-consumer policies are pursued on issues like interoperability, Universal Service support, spectrum allocation and device exclusivity.
Meena was general manager and vice president of operations and development before being president of Cellular South in 1997. During his tenure, Cellular South has grown to become the nation’s largest privately held wireless communications provider and the eighth largest carrier in the U.S.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November