Meena chairing RCA board
Hu Meena, president and CEO of Cellular South, has been elected chairman of the board of the Rural Cellular Association (RCA), the nation’s leading industry group representing competitive wireless communications providers. Meena takes over the leadership post as the association works to ensure that customers of its member companies have access to data services and devices whenever they are in range of a compatible network and that pro-competitive and pro-consumer policies are pursued on issues like interoperability, Universal Service support, spectrum allocation and device exclusivity.
Meena was general manager and vice president of operations and development before being president of Cellular South in 1997. During his tenure, Cellular South has grown to become the nation’s largest privately held wireless communications provider and the eighth largest carrier in the U.S.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so