Meena chairing RCA board
Hu Meena, president and CEO of Cellular South, has been elected chairman of the board of the Rural Cellular Association (RCA), the nation’s leading industry group representing competitive wireless communications providers. Meena takes over the leadership post as the association works to ensure that customers of its member companies have access to data services and devices whenever they are in range of a compatible network and that pro-competitive and pro-consumer policies are pursued on issues like interoperability, Universal Service support, spectrum allocation and device exclusivity.
Meena was general manager and vice president of operations and development before being president of Cellular South in 1997. During his tenure, Cellular South has grown to become the nation’s largest privately held wireless communications provider and the eighth largest carrier in the U.S.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager