Meena chairing RCA board
Hu Meena, president and CEO of Cellular South, has been elected chairman of the board of the Rural Cellular Association (RCA), the nation’s leading industry group representing competitive wireless communications providers. Meena takes over the leadership post as the association works to ensure that customers of its member companies have access to data services and devices whenever they are in range of a compatible network and that pro-competitive and pro-consumer policies are pursued on issues like interoperability, Universal Service support, spectrum allocation and device exclusivity.
Meena was general manager and vice president of operations and development before being president of Cellular South in 1997. During his tenure, Cellular South has grown to become the nation’s largest privately held wireless communications provider and the eighth largest carrier in the U.S.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi