Saucier named chief nurse
The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) congratulates Cindy Saucier, RN, BSN, of Saucier on her recent appointment to chief nurse for the Coastal/Plains Public Health District IX. The six-county Coastal/Plains Public Health District area includes Pearl River, Stone, George, Hancock, Harrison and Jackson counties.
Saucier received her associate’s degree in nursing from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in 1994 and her bachelor of science in nursing from Grand Canyon University in 2009. She has worked as a public health nurse on the coast for six years.
Prior to her employment with MSDH, Saucier specialized in maternal and child nursing at Memorial Hospital in Gulfport where she was instrumental in the development of its Breastfeeding Center.
Before discovering her love for nursing, Saucier was employed for 13 years as a certified quality engineer and quality assurance manager with a major appliance manufacturer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet