Saucier named chief nurse
The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) congratulates Cindy Saucier, RN, BSN, of Saucier on her recent appointment to chief nurse for the Coastal/Plains Public Health District IX. The six-county Coastal/Plains Public Health District area includes Pearl River, Stone, George, Hancock, Harrison and Jackson counties.
Saucier received her associate’s degree in nursing from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in 1994 and her bachelor of science in nursing from Grand Canyon University in 2009. She has worked as a public health nurse on the coast for six years.
Prior to her employment with MSDH, Saucier specialized in maternal and child nursing at Memorial Hospital in Gulfport where she was instrumental in the development of its Breastfeeding Center.
Before discovering her love for nursing, Saucier was employed for 13 years as a certified quality engineer and quality assurance manager with a major appliance manufacturer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues