Saucier named chief nurse
The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) congratulates Cindy Saucier, RN, BSN, of Saucier on her recent appointment to chief nurse for the Coastal/Plains Public Health District IX. The six-county Coastal/Plains Public Health District area includes Pearl River, Stone, George, Hancock, Harrison and Jackson counties.
Saucier received her associate’s degree in nursing from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in 1994 and her bachelor of science in nursing from Grand Canyon University in 2009. She has worked as a public health nurse on the coast for six years.
Prior to her employment with MSDH, Saucier specialized in maternal and child nursing at Memorial Hospital in Gulfport where she was instrumental in the development of its Breastfeeding Center.
Before discovering her love for nursing, Saucier was employed for 13 years as a certified quality engineer and quality assurance manager with a major appliance manufacturer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015