Walker wins USM teaching award
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2011
Dr. Jennifer Walker, assistant professor of biology at the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast, has been named the recipient of the Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award given by the university’s College of Science and Technology.
Walker began teaching at Southern Miss Gulf Coast in fall 2006 and has taught a variety of biological sciences courses at the university. The College of Science and Technology Awards Committee, which selected this year’s award recipients, deemed Walker to be a dedicated professional, exceptional communicator and gifted teacher.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability