Walker wins USM teaching award
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2011
Dr. Jennifer Walker, assistant professor of biology at the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast, has been named the recipient of the Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award given by the university’s College of Science and Technology.
Walker began teaching at Southern Miss Gulf Coast in fall 2006 and has taught a variety of biological sciences courses at the university. The College of Science and Technology Awards Committee, which selected this year’s award recipients, deemed Walker to be a dedicated professional, exceptional communicator and gifted teacher.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line