Walker wins USM teaching award
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2011
Dr. Jennifer Walker, assistant professor of biology at the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast, has been named the recipient of the Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award given by the university’s College of Science and Technology.
Walker began teaching at Southern Miss Gulf Coast in fall 2006 and has taught a variety of biological sciences courses at the university. The College of Science and Technology Awards Committee, which selected this year’s award recipients, deemed Walker to be a dedicated professional, exceptional communicator and gifted teacher.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues