Walker wins USM teaching award
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2011
Dr. Jennifer Walker, assistant professor of biology at the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast, has been named the recipient of the Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award given by the university’s College of Science and Technology.
Walker began teaching at Southern Miss Gulf Coast in fall 2006 and has taught a variety of biological sciences courses at the university. The College of Science and Technology Awards Committee, which selected this year’s award recipients, deemed Walker to be a dedicated professional, exceptional communicator and gifted teacher.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Nullification and interposition
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions