Aerospace Corp. awarded Stennis Space Center contract
HANCOCK COUNTY — NASA has awarded five indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity sole source contracts to Aerospace Corp. of El Segundo, Calif., for specialized engineering, evaluation and test services. These five cost-plus-fixed-fee contracts will support eight NASA centers and have a total maximum value of $ 658.25 million. The period of performance is from the date of award thru Nov. 30, 2018.
Under the contracts, Aerospace shall provide technical products and services to NASA Headquarters in Washington for the maximum value of $89 million; Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md. and Ames Research Center at Moffett Field, Calif., for the maximum value of $234.25 million; Johnson Space Center in Houston, Glenn Research Center in Cleveland, and Dryden Flight Research Center in Edwards, Calif. for the maximum ordering value of $210 million; Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala., and Stennis Space Center in Mississippi, for the maximum value of $50 million; and Langley Research Center in Hampton, Va., for the maximum value of $75 million.
Aerospace will provide independent assessments of selected NASA programs and projects, including validation of program or project technical risks, assessment of cost estimates and schedules as well as evaluation of safety and mission assurance risks. These assessments review all aspects of design and discipline engineering, engineering processes, system engineering, manufacturing, assembly, test and operational mission capabilities. Aerospace also will conduct management, scientific and technical studies.
Source: Aerospace Corp.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force