Aerospace Corp. awarded Stennis Space Center contract
HANCOCK COUNTY — NASA has awarded five indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity sole source contracts to Aerospace Corp. of El Segundo, Calif., for specialized engineering, evaluation and test services. These five cost-plus-fixed-fee contracts will support eight NASA centers and have a total maximum value of $ 658.25 million. The period of performance is from the date of award thru Nov. 30, 2018.
Under the contracts, Aerospace shall provide technical products and services to NASA Headquarters in Washington for the maximum value of $89 million; Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md. and Ames Research Center at Moffett Field, Calif., for the maximum value of $234.25 million; Johnson Space Center in Houston, Glenn Research Center in Cleveland, and Dryden Flight Research Center in Edwards, Calif. for the maximum ordering value of $210 million; Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala., and Stennis Space Center in Mississippi, for the maximum value of $50 million; and Langley Research Center in Hampton, Va., for the maximum value of $75 million.
Aerospace will provide independent assessments of selected NASA programs and projects, including validation of program or project technical risks, assessment of cost estimates and schedules as well as evaluation of safety and mission assurance risks. These assessments review all aspects of design and discipline engineering, engineering processes, system engineering, manufacturing, assembly, test and operational mission capabilities. Aerospace also will conduct management, scientific and technical studies.
Source: Aerospace Corp.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast