The First Bancshares reports a decrease in net income
by For the MBJ
Published: May 3,2011
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, has reported earnings for the quarter ended March 31, 2011.
The First Bancshares also announced a quarterly dividend of $0.0375 per common share. The record date will be May 12, 2011 with a payable date of May 26, 2011.
Net income available to common shareholders amounted to $415,000, or $0.14 per diluted share, compared to $460,000 or $0.15 per diluted share for the same quarter in 2010, a decrease of $45,000, or 9.8 percent.
M. Ray “Hoppy” Cole, president and CEO, said, “Our first quarter results show continued improvement in profitability and growth. Total assets, total loans and total deposits increased and our net interest margin improved during the first three months of 2011. Our company’s earnings also improved after adjusting for the one-time expenses incurred during the quarter.”
Source: The First Bancshares Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force