The First Bancshares reports a decrease in net income
by For the MBJ
Published: May 3,2011
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, has reported earnings for the quarter ended March 31, 2011.
The First Bancshares also announced a quarterly dividend of $0.0375 per common share. The record date will be May 12, 2011 with a payable date of May 26, 2011.
Net income available to common shareholders amounted to $415,000, or $0.14 per diluted share, compared to $460,000 or $0.15 per diluted share for the same quarter in 2010, a decrease of $45,000, or 9.8 percent.
M. Ray “Hoppy” Cole, president and CEO, said, “Our first quarter results show continued improvement in profitability and growth. Total assets, total loans and total deposits increased and our net interest margin improved during the first three months of 2011. Our company’s earnings also improved after adjusting for the one-time expenses incurred during the quarter.”
Source: The First Bancshares Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act