Tri-Lakes Medical Center acquisition completed
BATESVILLE — A subsidiary of Health Management Associates Inc. has completed the transaction to partner with the current physician owners of the 112-bed Tri-Lakes Medical Center located in Batesville.
Under the joint venture, Health Management will own a 95 percent controlling interest in Tri-Lakes and manage its operations.
Gary D. Newsome, president and CEO of Naples, Fla.-based Health Management, said, “We believe Tri-Lakes offers us the opportunity to apply our proven operating initiatives in the emergency room, physician recruitment and market service development to improve efficiency, quality and access to care, and we are eager to begin serving the residents of Batesville and the greater Panola County region.”
Source: Health Management Associates Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity