Tri-Lakes Medical Center acquisition completed
BATESVILLE — A subsidiary of Health Management Associates Inc. has completed the transaction to partner with the current physician owners of the 112-bed Tri-Lakes Medical Center located in Batesville.
Under the joint venture, Health Management will own a 95 percent controlling interest in Tri-Lakes and manage its operations.
Gary D. Newsome, president and CEO of Naples, Fla.-based Health Management, said, “We believe Tri-Lakes offers us the opportunity to apply our proven operating initiatives in the emergency room, physician recruitment and market service development to improve efficiency, quality and access to care, and we are eager to begin serving the residents of Batesville and the greater Panola County region.”
Source: Health Management Associates Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics