Tri-Lakes Medical Center acquisition completed
BATESVILLE — A subsidiary of Health Management Associates Inc. has completed the transaction to partner with the current physician owners of the 112-bed Tri-Lakes Medical Center located in Batesville.
Under the joint venture, Health Management will own a 95 percent controlling interest in Tri-Lakes and manage its operations.
Gary D. Newsome, president and CEO of Naples, Fla.-based Health Management, said, “We believe Tri-Lakes offers us the opportunity to apply our proven operating initiatives in the emergency room, physician recruitment and market service development to improve efficiency, quality and access to care, and we are eager to begin serving the residents of Batesville and the greater Panola County region.”
Source: Health Management Associates Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus