Tri-Lakes Medical Center acquisition completed
BATESVILLE — A subsidiary of Health Management Associates Inc. has completed the transaction to partner with the current physician owners of the 112-bed Tri-Lakes Medical Center located in Batesville.
Under the joint venture, Health Management will own a 95 percent controlling interest in Tri-Lakes and manage its operations.
Gary D. Newsome, president and CEO of Naples, Fla.-based Health Management, said, “We believe Tri-Lakes offers us the opportunity to apply our proven operating initiatives in the emergency room, physician recruitment and market service development to improve efficiency, quality and access to care, and we are eager to begin serving the residents of Batesville and the greater Panola County region.”
Source: Health Management Associates Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county