Tri-Lakes Medical Center acquisition completed
BATESVILLE — A subsidiary of Health Management Associates Inc. has completed the transaction to partner with the current physician owners of the 112-bed Tri-Lakes Medical Center located in Batesville.
Under the joint venture, Health Management will own a 95 percent controlling interest in Tri-Lakes and manage its operations.
Gary D. Newsome, president and CEO of Naples, Fla.-based Health Management, said, “We believe Tri-Lakes offers us the opportunity to apply our proven operating initiatives in the emergency room, physician recruitment and market service development to improve efficiency, quality and access to care, and we are eager to begin serving the residents of Batesville and the greater Panola County region.”
Source: Health Management Associates Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal