Barbour transfers school land to industrial park
by For the MBJ
Published: May 4,2011
MARION COUNTY — Gov. Haley Barbour has transferred approximately 370 acres of the Columbia Training School property to the Marion County Economic Development District. The land is located south of Highway 44 and will house the Marion County Industrial Park.
“There is great potential for the use of this land by the Marion County Economic Development District. The accessibility of the property will make it a viable location for future industry,” Barbour said.
The legislation went through the House and Senate Public Property committees led by chairmen Rep. Mary Coleman and Sen. Jack Gordon, respectively. Reps. Ken Morgan, Bill Pigott, and Earle Banks also played instrumental roles in the authorization process.
Source: Governor’s Office
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing