Barbour transfers school land to industrial park
by For the MBJ
Published: May 4,2011
MARION COUNTY — Gov. Haley Barbour has transferred approximately 370 acres of the Columbia Training School property to the Marion County Economic Development District. The land is located south of Highway 44 and will house the Marion County Industrial Park.
“There is great potential for the use of this land by the Marion County Economic Development District. The accessibility of the property will make it a viable location for future industry,” Barbour said.
The legislation went through the House and Senate Public Property committees led by chairmen Rep. Mary Coleman and Sen. Jack Gordon, respectively. Reps. Ken Morgan, Bill Pigott, and Earle Banks also played instrumental roles in the authorization process.
Source: Governor’s Office
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium