Barbour transfers school land to industrial park
by For the MBJ
Published: May 4,2011
MARION COUNTY — Gov. Haley Barbour has transferred approximately 370 acres of the Columbia Training School property to the Marion County Economic Development District. The land is located south of Highway 44 and will house the Marion County Industrial Park.
“There is great potential for the use of this land by the Marion County Economic Development District. The accessibility of the property will make it a viable location for future industry,” Barbour said.
The legislation went through the House and Senate Public Property committees led by chairmen Rep. Mary Coleman and Sen. Jack Gordon, respectively. Reps. Ken Morgan, Bill Pigott, and Earle Banks also played instrumental roles in the authorization process.
Source: Governor’s Office
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- 50 Leading Business Women in Mississippi (digital magazine)
- Ex-circuit clerk Palmertree gets 10 years for embezzlement