Barbour transfers school land to industrial park
by For the MBJ
Published: May 4,2011
MARION COUNTY — Gov. Haley Barbour has transferred approximately 370 acres of the Columbia Training School property to the Marion County Economic Development District. The land is located south of Highway 44 and will house the Marion County Industrial Park.
“There is great potential for the use of this land by the Marion County Economic Development District. The accessibility of the property will make it a viable location for future industry,” Barbour said.
The legislation went through the House and Senate Public Property committees led by chairmen Rep. Mary Coleman and Sen. Jack Gordon, respectively. Reps. Ken Morgan, Bill Pigott, and Earle Banks also played instrumental roles in the authorization process.
Source: Governor’s Office
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history