Barbour transfers school land to industrial park
by For the MBJ
Published: May 4,2011
MARION COUNTY — Gov. Haley Barbour has transferred approximately 370 acres of the Columbia Training School property to the Marion County Economic Development District. The land is located south of Highway 44 and will house the Marion County Industrial Park.
“There is great potential for the use of this land by the Marion County Economic Development District. The accessibility of the property will make it a viable location for future industry,” Barbour said.
The legislation went through the House and Senate Public Property committees led by chairmen Rep. Mary Coleman and Sen. Jack Gordon, respectively. Reps. Ken Morgan, Bill Pigott, and Earle Banks also played instrumental roles in the authorization process.
Source: Governor’s Office
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015