Water association reports pressure loss, possible contamination
CALHOUN COUNTY — The Mt. Comfort Water Association-Banner water system in Calhoun County has notified the Mississippi State Department of Health of water pressure loss, a line break and the potential of contamination due to backwater flow in the areas of Northwest Calhoun County and a small area in extreme southwest Lafayette County.
Approximately 600 homes and businesses will be affected. According to the Association, customers with a water bill account beginning with the numbers 01 or 02 are affected. Samples will be collected once the line is fixed. As soon as the system is cleared, customers will be notified by the water system.
Do not drink, bathe or use any tap water in the affected areas until further notice. Customers should take the same precautions with pets and other animals that consume their water from the Mt. Comfort Water Association-Banner water system. Until further notice, use only bottled water for drinking and other household activities.
No illnesses from this possible contamination have been reported.
Source: Mississippi Department of Health
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015