Water association reports pressure loss, possible contamination
CALHOUN COUNTY — The Mt. Comfort Water Association-Banner water system in Calhoun County has notified the Mississippi State Department of Health of water pressure loss, a line break and the potential of contamination due to backwater flow in the areas of Northwest Calhoun County and a small area in extreme southwest Lafayette County.
Approximately 600 homes and businesses will be affected. According to the Association, customers with a water bill account beginning with the numbers 01 or 02 are affected. Samples will be collected once the line is fixed. As soon as the system is cleared, customers will be notified by the water system.
Do not drink, bathe or use any tap water in the affected areas until further notice. Customers should take the same precautions with pets and other animals that consume their water from the Mt. Comfort Water Association-Banner water system. Until further notice, use only bottled water for drinking and other household activities.
No illnesses from this possible contamination have been reported.
Source: Mississippi Department of Health
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Stacey Pickering wins Patriot Award
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound