MDOT gives update on Delta highways as waters rise
by For the MBJ
Published: May 6,2011
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has released an update on roadways that are or could be affected by Mississippi River high floodwaters.
“There is no exact science to this, so it’s imperative that state and federal agencies work closely to lead us through this crisis,” said Central District Transportation Commissioner Dick Hall.
The only current road closure due to Mississippi River flooding is SR 465 in Warren and Issaquena counties between U.S. 61 and Eagle Lake. It is closed until further notice.
Probable future road closures include:
• U.S. 61 in Warren and Claiborne counties south of Vicksburg and north of Port Gibson at the Big Black River crossing
• U.S. 61 in Warren County north of Vicksburg at the U.S. 61/SR 3 intersection near Redwood
• U.S. 61 in Warren County north of Vicksburg at the U.S. 61/SR 465 intersection north of Yazoo River Bridge near Redwood
• SR 3 in Warren County, approximately 2.3 miles north of the U.S. 61/SR 3 intersection.
• SR 16/SR 149 (Old Highway 49 West) in Yazoo County at the Whittington Auxiliary Channel near Wolf Lake to Yazoo River
• U.S. 49 West – Humphreys and Yazoo counties at Wittington Auxiliary Channel south of Silver City to Yazoo River
• U.S. 49 East in Yazoo County north of Eden.
• SR 1 in Sharkey and Issaquena counties west of U.S. 61 at the SR 1/SR 465 intersection
• SR 16/County Road 16 in Sharkey County in the vicinity of Delta National Forest.
• SR 24 in Wilkinson County at Lake Mary Road near Fort Adams.
Possible future road closures include SR 3 in Yazoo County at Yazoo City and U.S. 49 East in Yazoo County near Mississippi Chemical.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring